"Creature Dicomforts"
SUMMARY: Leela is transformed into a horrible mutant/alien, and she and Fry don't know how to deal with it; or the event that follows. Told via narrative and Fry and Leela's thoughts.
(Note: This was inspired by Rocsoe Mathieu's 'Fela Trilogy', which was ironically inspired be 'Metamorphasis'!)

All Futurama related items are copyright Matt Groening, The Curiosity Company, and 20th Century Fox. Also, part of this is inspired by Roscoe Mathieu.
All rights reserved.
 
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "So, what did you think of the movie?"
 Fry's question snapped Leela out of her daze. It had been quite a night for her. After nearly two years of frustration, hardship and other varities of life's roadbumps, she and Fry had finally gone on a date. They had dinner at a nice Italian restuarant (on the former site of the Chrystler Building, Fry had told her), and gone to see a movie. Sure, 'Titanic 4: The Titanic's Revenge' was interesting from the reviews, but she wasn't thinking about the movie. She was busy thinking about Fry. The entire movie had recieded into the background, as Leela mused....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...Could Fry really like me? I've wondered that all this time.... Can he really see past the eye? Or, more importantly, the annoying frustrations? The screaming? The name-calling? Why do I do it? I've wondered it for months. I must be selfishly dumping my life's problems on him.....I've had my share, all right. Being an orphan......never having a steady man.....Zapp........my dead-end fate assignment officer job. Is Fry the fates' finally shining on me? Or, is it the next cruel hoax in my life? I wish I knew....
 

 Leela looks like she's thinking about something. She must be thinking about how I spilled that Slurm on her nice green jacket, the one she wears so much. Of course, I've been thinking of her the whole time. I try to be nice, and accomadating to her, but I just can't do it! I must be PRETTY damn annoying if she has to call me names all the time!! I hate it. I wish I could just tell her.....but I can't.....she'd hate it......be annoyed again.......

 I mean, what would she see in a guy like me?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 "Did you catch the movie's ending, Fry? I had to clean off my jacket...."
 It was Fry's turn to be shocked out of his own world.
 "Um, yeah it.....It, uh happened."
 "Um, what did?"
 Uh, I think the Titanic turned into a monster and ate New York.....I don't remember."
 "Oh......" (Could he have been thinking about me?....Nah....)
 ("Damn, she knows something's up! Change the subject!) "Hey, how's your stomach....?"
 Leela looked at her stomach, rubbing it gently.
 "Good, I guess. It's been giving me trouble for the last few days. It's probably just a case of heart-burn, or maybe a sharp series of stomach aches....I guess I should get it checked by a doctor if this keeps up.....Sorry I bugged you about it today."
 "It's OK. Why not check it with Zoidberg? (Leela gives him a strange look) Oh yeah."
 "Besides, I'm probably fine. Maybe my species is allergic to something I ate...."
 "Oh, OK. Well, I guess I should going.....I mean, I -AM- in your apartment...."
 "No! Stay for a minute! I'll get us some wine, and we can talk a minute. I just need to take my coat off and put it in my bedroom, OK?"
 "Suit yourself, Leela. I'll be right here..."
 

 Leela sighed as she took her coat off, closing her eye and going back to her mind.....
 
 I need to tell him....It's so important now, since we've taken the first step without realizing it. I mean, what's the next step? More dates? More talk? Maybe sex? Or, marrige and a family? Ooh....if he only knew the things I wished to have with him...
 No, I can't hold back! Tonight's the time, Toronga! Tell him now! I know I should, it's causing my soul to burn tonigh- Wait.... isn't that my stomach!?!?!?
 
 Leela's eye snapped open. That was indeed her stomach that she felt burning! And now the feeling was starting to travel through her body...igniting it in pain......so much, and so intense, it took her breath away. She steadied herself on the bed, gasping for breath.
 "Ow, what the hell's happening?!?" she managed to mutter after a few minutes of pain. She finally sat on the bed to releive the pressure on her feet. Then, just as suddenly as it came, it stopped and disappeared.
 "Well, that was wierd" Leela muttered as she wiped the sweat off her brow. She got up off the bed, and walked towards the door, so she could put an end to the silence of her feelings, once and for all!
 
 And that's when it began.

 The pain slammed into her entire body, but this time, it was a horrible burning sensation. Leela winced, aimlessly stumbling about the room, holding her stomach, where the fire burned the hardest. She couldn't take it anymore, but it intensified with every moment, until she finally fell to the floor, knocking a chair against the door as she did so, barring it....
 "AGH!!!!! It hurts so much!!!!!! Agh!!!!! she screamed. She grabbed a hold of her muscle shirt, and tore it off and apart, screaming the whole time, as she tried to climb up on her bed.
 "Oh, God! I'm burning up!! Make it stop.........Christ!! It burns!!!!!!" Leela moaned, now kicking away her boots and socks as she tried her best to remove her pants. Not wanting to give, she tore them apart, too. She finally lost them as she thrashed on the bed, in her undergarments, moaning in pain.
 As she flipped over on her back, she saw a purple film covering her stomach......it was starting to grow, and engiulfing her body in the process Within moments it had rushed up towards her chest....Fear rushed through her as her body began to be swallowed by the webbing, as she tried to figure out what was happening. As she watched, her feet disappeared, and the substance seemed to swell around it. It hit her like a somebody whacking her over the head with a shovel.
 "It's a cocoon...I'm being wrapped up in a cocoon!!!" Leela screamed. Then she started screaming again......
 "FRY!!!!!!!!!! HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
 

 Fry was just dozing off when he started hearing the moaning eminating from Leela's room. Fry blushed, figuring it was about her jacket being ruined. Then, she started screaming about heat....but it wasn't like the Earth was plunging into the sun! When he heard the screaming, tearing of fabric and wild squeaking of the bed, he stood up, knowing something was up. After a un-intelligable mutter, he heard a bloodcluttering scream for him to help her. He ran full tilt for Leela's bedroom. The door wouldn't budge, so Fry finally put his shoulder to it and broke through. He came in just as the purple film seemingly eating his friend reached her upper body.
 Leela whipped her head towards him, struggling to out strech her arms before they were tied down by the advancing covering. "Fry!!!!! Help m-" she managed to shout before her head went under. The cocoon swelled to four times the size of Leela's body, and then stopped moving, except for some weak struggling by Leela to break out. And then that too ended.
 Fry collapsed to the floor, oblivious to the dull sting of his butt colliding with the floor beneath him. He had just seen his friend....mabye his REAL best friend..... It didn't seem possible. One minute, Leela, smiling, invited him for a glass of wine. The next, she was -devoured by what appeared to be a growing cocoon. He glanced around the room to see if he could find out what happened to her. All Fry could see was a room's furniture tossed topsy turvy, and Leela's torn clothing scattered all over the place.
 Fry walked over and picked up her torn shirt. Then he fell on his side and cried.
 

 During the first few days after the incident, Fry sat in Leela's room, waiting for her to break free. He hated the sight of that purple lump, now glued to the bed by some sort of equally purple gunk. He wanted to tear it apart and save his friend. But, as he watched, he could see it occasionally move around. That scared him as much as what he had seen a few nights ago. He remembered reading, while he was not goofing off, something about some bugs cocooning themselves and being completely transformed into something else. Was Leela, if that was the case, going to be a butterfly......or something worse? All he could do was wait.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 This has to be the most horrible thing that has ever happened to me. I'll never forget that look of terror on Fry's end before I was fully enclosed....regardless of what's going to happen to me in here, or if I even live. Maybe I shouldn't have called him. But, I guess him discovering the sight of your friend turned into a cocoon on his own would be just as bad...
 I've lost all sense of time. I lost my wrist communicator somehow doing the cocoon's formation. Doesn't matter, I can barely move in here, despite the fact this thing is so big....I feel like I'm in suspended animation....
 I feel like my body's transforming into something. I want to look, and find out what's happening, but my eye's sealed shut by some purple ooze I saw filling this thing up before I lost sight of everything. I'm so scared, I dunno if I'm being eaten, changed, or doing some sort of hibernation. I wish I could see......
 
 But I'm scared of what I might see. VERY scared.
 
 
 I wish Leela could just get out of there. I don't know why I feel like this. I've never felt this way before, and it's kinda freaky. Oh, sure, I know I'm a doofus, and a real idiot at times, but I feel really concerned for Leela right now...
 The more I look at that big ugly thing, the more I want to jump up, tear it open, and haul Leela out into the light again. But if this is a common occurance for her species that neither of us knew about, should I interfer with Nature? I don't think I should.
 Wow. These thoughts I've had over the past few days seem pretty intelligent. Maybe it's because I've realized how important Leela is to me. I took her being there for granted, and now I don't know if I'll ever get the chance to tell her how I feel....

 Please, God......Let her be all right........
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 As time approached the exact mintue of Leela's cocooning one week after, Fry was out in the kitchen, ransacking what he could for dinner. Fortunatly, Leela appeared to have gone shopping the night before, so it seemed he could last a few more days. He had Bender get him a door to replace the old one, but it didn't seem that he cared about him or Leela He wondered if Bender cared where he was (Probably not), and if anyone wondered where he was. He should have been to work five times this week, but he'd forgotten the whole world......except Leela.
 As he slapped together a turkey sandwich, he heard a liquid crunch eminating from across the apartment. He rushed to the bedroom, and gasped.
 The cocoon was opening!
 He watched as a crack made its way across the purple shell containing his friend. It split down the middle, spilling a dark purple goo all over the floor, about a centimeter deep. Finally, coughing and moaning, a form began to pick itself out of the muck and shelling. Fry's heart jumped a beat as he saw this......Leela was finally free!
 When he saw what came out, he nearly fainted and died of shock.

 Two sets of legs, ending in some sort of claws, grabbed the edge of the shattered prison, as a lizard-muzzled alien, purple mained head stuck itself out for a breath of fresh air. He was partly blinded by her skin, now a shimmering layer of scales. A pair of large, reptilian wings unfolded themselves as they came loose from her gooey back, as a purple lion's tail ending in a purple tuff unwound itself.  Finally, the mutated Leela flipped herself over on her stomach, standing on all fours.Fry choked back his gasp of shock, and tried not to retch.
 Fry felt like crying when he realizied Leela couldn't see herself, as her eye was caked shut. She had no idea what had happened to her. "Fry?" she asked, moving blindly around. "Are you still there? I can't see you.....if you're here, please get this stuff off my eye so I can see....." Her voice.....it sounded so alien.
 Fry took a deep breath, and rubbed Leela's face. Her eye opened. It was the eye of a snake, yellow with a slit-like pupil.
 "Thank you Fry", she said, choking. "I.....hey! Why am I on all fours......but my arms aren't arms?!? What's happened to me?!?!?"
 "Um, I dunno how to explain this, Leela......"
 "Well, show me a mirror then!"
 Fry closed his eyes has he took a hand-held mirror lying on a nearby dresser and put in front of her face. Leela gave out such a loud, anguished scream, the glass cracked, and then shattered as it hit the floor.
 "I'm......I'm........I'M A MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
 Fry tried his best to comfort her. "Come on Leela, you still resemble yourself a bit........so you now stand like an animal.....so you have a mane.....so.." He stopped, realizing what he was saying.
 Leela was too busy sobbing her altered body's heart out to really hear him. As she coughed again, a stream of the same webbing that had been her home for the past week shot out of her mouth. This made her cry even harder.
 "Aw, come on, Leela.....you can manage" Fry said, trying to hug her. But Leela pushed him away. Fry yelped for a minute, neither realizing it ws because Leela had scratched him.....
 "DON'T TOUCH ME!!!!!! I'm a FREAK!!!!!"
 "No you're not!!"
 "WHAT THE F@#% DO YOU MEAN!!?!??! LOOK AT ME, YOU MORON!!!!!"
 "Leela, please......let me help you......"
 "No, go away....."
 What? You need someon-"
 Leela's eye briefly turned red. "LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" she roared, shoving him out the door and slamming it shut. Before he could open it, Leela hocked out a wad of the sticky substance, locking him out. He pounded in vain on the door for a few more minutes, and then gave up and went home, crying over the fate of his friend
 

 Over the course of the next week, Fry started to notice something was very wrong with him. The day after Leela had emerged from her cocoon, his skin around the scratched areas had become dry and scabby, and he felt really wierd. The day after that, more various parts of his skin were affected, and he had trouble puting his clothes back on because of a numb of some sort poking out above the waistband of his pants.
 Fry knew something was difeintly wrong when his nails, which he had just clipped the day before, resembled talons. That and the fact half his body had been encrusted with scales overnight.
 "What's happening to me?" Fry muttered. "Is this something to do with Leela? I just don't know what's going on....."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 It's now been a week since I came out of the cocoon.
 I can barely recognize myself anymore.
 I'm the worst, most disgusting thing I've ever seen. Now I'm the true definition of a monster. I never really appricated my body when I was human(iod), and now I've lost it, probably forever. Isn't that what they say, a thing isn't appricated until it's gone?
 All I can do is keep crying. I'm suprised I'm still thinking with my own mind. One would think when you're turned into an alien, you'd be purged of all memories. But I'm not fortunate enough to have that happen. I can still recognize Fry, and to see his face during that arguement...My God, I've never seen him, or anyone, so upset.
 There's another thing that worries me. Part of my mind tells me I scratched Fry. I've read were-creature stories where a poor wretch scratched or bitten by one became one. I hope Fry isn't having that happen to him.
 It's ironic that just before the beginning of my transformation, I was preparing to tell Fry my feelings for him. But now we're completely different species, let alone classifications of life. I wish I hadn't kicked him out, sealed myself in here.  I really do need someone I know to hug me, tell me I'm OK, and to help me adjust to my world. I don't know if I've needed someone like this before. He seems like he loves me....but can he love a monster...?

 Fry, if you can hear this.............help me.
 

 Seven days have come and gone since the end of a world: Leela's.
 And mine mine might be close at hand.
 It appears that I myself am mutating. Two days ago, when I felt a tightness under my shirt, I removed it to see two small wings pop up. And my stub at the base of my spine has turned into a short, orange tail.

 The events of the past two weeks have some how awakened my brain to a real sense of usage. Why, God, why do you let that happen as I lose Leela? And now I myself am becoming a monster. I am fearful that if Leela finds out what happened, she will blame herself for an accident that was totally brought on by my being too close. I would gladly remain an idiotic human if I could still have her....and not depress her even more then she already is....
 Maybe  this happening  because I didn't treat her right. I'll never forgive myself for siding with Zapp, and locking her up just because I was a lazy SON OF A BITCH that just wanted to sit on his ass all day and drink beer!! Or what about the time I rejected her on Trisol, as she tried to save my life? What a horrible person I am.
 The funny thing is, I was mumbling to myself before I dozed off how I was going to finally pour my heart out to her. Those screams....the groans.....the sight of the cocoon enveloping her......and then her, mutated almost beyond recognition.....she didn't deserve that. I should be in there with her! But, on same token, do I? I'd probably make her very sad. She needs somebody though, I can see it in her eye, I-
 That's funny. I had a feeling just now that Leela called me. I'm sure she's as depressed as me right now, ten times more. I'm going over there......

 I just hope no one notices me....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The knock startled Leela from her dull sleep, a sleep induced by sadness. She peeled away the web that held the door shut (Funny, it looked different), and opened it with her mouth, now brimming with sharp teeth. If it was the tax collector, or the goverment, or whatever it was, she just wanted to get this over with and be captured, destroyed, or whatever..
 Her heart skipped a beat when she saw Fry fill the door frame. And then cracked when she saw him. His hands were claws, and elongated talons were poking out of his shoes. His skin was mostly covered with scales, and his orange hair was starting to spread down his back.

 The two of them locked eyes for a minute. And then hugged each other, crying.
 

 Farnsworth and Amy arrivied minutes after Fry untangled himself from Leela to get her help. As their eyes met, Farnsworth stopped in his tracks, and Amy gasped and muttered an un-intelligable phrase in her second language.
 Fry had gotten up to meet them. His tail, mane, and altered hands and feet were complete. He couldn't wear a shirt anymore, as his wings were now too large to be accomidated. His skin was totally covered in scales. And on top of it, his eyes were starting to blur into one large, slitted eye; which was overlooking the start of a muzzle.
 "Can you help?" Fry asked.
 "We'll try Fry. No promises......but so help us, we'll try!" Amy answered
 "Can you tell me what happened?" Farnsworth asked, as Amy set down the equipment they brought.
 "Well, two weeks ago, I was in here, and I got hit with such pain I had to tear off my clothes. And as I watched, a cocoon built itself around me. And last week, I came out...and here I am........" Leela groaned, hanging her head. "And then, when poor Fry tried to help me.....I scratched him by accident.....and...and.....Oh, Fry, I'm so, so, so sorry!" she sobbed, tears running down her scaly cheeks. Fry lightly grabbed her shoulder to console her.
 Farnsworth bit his lip for a minute, and then reached into his bags. As he scanned them with some sort of tricorder, he spoke up.
 "This is fascinating, if I may say so"
 "(sniff) What is?" Leela said, sniffling.
 "Both of you have somehowgotten the same DNA! I don't know how that could have happened....."
 "How can that be? Leela's was alien, and Fry's is...uh, WAS human....."
 "I don't know how to explain it either, Amy. I'm assuming that Leela's new DNA somehow got transferred over to Fry's body, and is re-writing his as he changes....like a werewolf or were-lawyer would."
 Before Amy could respond, Fry cried out sharply, and fell to the ground. The rest of them watched as his spinal column changed under his skin, changing him from a biped to a quadraped. Fry looked up at them, at said "What are YOU looking at?"
 Amy eyed him strangely for a minute, before Farnsworth continued. "I believe I have a sample of your blood here, I brought it just in case I needed it. We can try to inject it into your current blodstreams, and it should reverse the change..."
 "Really?"
 "I don't know, Fry! It's just some silly theory!!"
 "Oh. Well, please try Leela before you do me....."
 Farnsworth filled a large needle with Leela's pre-change blood, and pushed it into Leela's skin. The needle broke almost instantly, her scales so hard she didn't even feel it. Fry asked if they could try a bigger needle, to see if that could work. Amy shook her head, saying that WAS the biggest needle.
 "Well, let's try my invention", Amy suggested. She explained that she had converted the Prof's vaporizing lazer into one that could fix problems like broken-off limbs, mutations, and reversing werewolf, vampire, lawyer, or alien transformations. Leela sighed, saying "I don't care what it is.....I just want to be me again....."
 Amy took aim and fired. The scales once again proved the plan's undoing, reflecting the blast right back into Amy. She was knocked across the apartment and out. Farnsworth looked down the hall at her for a minute, and then turned to Leela and Fry.
 "I can see only one solution. We're going to have to fire you into space on a spaceship. You can't stay on Earth anymore. If the crowds of people who might find you don't kill you, the atmosphere will. Your bio-scans show your new organs are already suffering under the strain......I'll go make the arrangement and wake up Amy....." And with that, he left.
 

 Leela would have collapsed on her side if she didn't have Fry next to her, who caught her best he could. She spoke in short, broken bursts.
 "Leave.....Earth?"
 Fry looked at her through his single eye. "Well, what else can we do? He's got a point."
 "Try to survive out there..... I guess....."
 "(sigh) I hope so....."
 "Fry, I have to tell you something (chortles) Kinda pointless now that we're not humaniod anymore, but I want you to know. I don't mean all I've done, all I say. The truth is......I love you. And I all ways will, regardless of my species or form."
 Fry sighed. "I wish I knew sooner....I feel the same way........I could got you chocolates, or a couple of gifts or something", he chuckled to himself.  And the he kissed her on the lips, she returning it.The stayed that way for several seconds, as they thought about the lastest exchange of words.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 At least I know he loves me. I can see in his eyes- er, EYE, he means it. If only I said it sooner.....I'd have known him better......now he's in the same sinking boat as me, and I feel so bad about this.....
 

 I can't imagine what we're going to do now. She's been my friend for my entire time in the future. I always liked her more then Bender.....annoying robot.....but now that we can't be on Earth anymore, I don't see any good course of action....
 

 But then again, maybe it's better we do love each other. If we didn't have this happen, we would have been torn apart forever.....

 Besides......he looks kinda cute like this....
 

 Why didn't I tell her sooner? Why did I wait until it was too late?!? WHY?!? All I can think of is the stuff we could have done....

 
 I wish things turned out differently........(sigh).........
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 "Well, I guess this is good-bye to good old Earth" Leela said, a tear trickling down her cheek.
 "Yeah......"
 Leela looked at him sadly. His transformation had finished several minutes ago, now he was a pefect male/orange haired dupicated of herself. "Oh Fry......I didn't want this to happen to you!!!" Leela cried. "You're the only friend I really have! And what I do to you!??! Condemn you to my fate!!! Why does this always happen to me....." she sobbed, as she hugged him as well as could. Again, she squeezed too hard with his claws, and when Fry yelped out, Leela reeled her arms back.
 "Oh, Fry!! I'm so sorry I didn't learn my lesson the first time!!"
 "No, it's OK Leela....just a couple of scratches......I'll live. I mean, if I could over being this way, that shouldn't be any problem."
 As the two of them talked about each other, and how they hoped to continue on  Suddenly, Fry stopped talking for a minute. From looks of his eye, he seemed to be deep in thought for a minute.He glanced at himself, and then beamed a humongous smile.
 Leela was still upset about her accidentally transforming him. Fry smiled at her, and said "You solved our problem."
 "WHAT!?!"
 Fry smiled at her, and walked over to her, facing her in the eye. "You solved the problem of our seperation.", he growled in his changed voice. "Now that I'm an alien too, we'll both go.....together."
 Leela thought about that for a minute. 'You're right........now we can stay together...." she sighed, happily. And then the two of them smiled, crying in joy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Year Later.......
 

 It's been a while since Fry and I were launched from Earth, using an old rocket the Prof. had in the basement. I'll never how how he did that....
 But that's not important. The important thing is that Fry and I are happy, and together at last. We've found a nice planet, full of vegetation. We've called Manhattan, in honor of our island home back on Earth. We know we'll never see it again, or our friends, but it's a small price to pay, I guess. I never was happy there.....
 Now, as I sit with Fry, gently rubbing my bulging belly to calm it, I think of the child we will soon have. If he's like us, we'll have started a whole new species! Maybe this wasn't so bad after all...
 

 Leela gave birth to our first baby, a girl. It was kinda freaky to see her lay an egg, and then have the baby come out; but we're different now, and I gotta remember that. We named her Michelle. Leela said it would remind me of my own time, but I know that my place is now, in the future, so it really doesn't matter....
 Of course, the new matter is what to do with our new species? 'I think we might need a male', Leela said to me. I dunno about that....the last thing I wanna do is overload us with children....but if this new race is to survive, we'll have to.....
 Being slightly egotistical, we decided our species will be called the 'LeeFrys'. I think it's a funny name, but Leela likes it. So if she likes it, it's fine with me...
 Leela regretted that mistake of wounding me. I regretted her metamorphasis. I don't think things couldn't have turned out better in the long run.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 It has been fifty years since Fry and I became the founders of a new race. Manhattan now boasts a thousand peo-uh, whatever we are- already! Our main settlement, New Earth, is amazingly advanced for such an early state. It already resembles a city from Fry's time, mainly because of the knowledge and experince we had gained as humaniods. We expect and hope the planet will greatly prosper after our passing.
 We've been made the rulers of the city-state. Kinda strange, for average joes-and jesses like us to be rulers of an entire world, but then it's kinda strange to look like this! It also suprised that we created a new species if I was an alien and Fry was human, but I remember the Prof. told us we now shared the same DNA because Fry's was re-written by mine. Sometimes, Fry and myself (the former suddenly very intellectual!) wonder about the future for Manhattan and the LeeFryians after our passing. We hope that, if the ship's onboard database, donated by Farnsworth upon our leading, can work for centuries to come, our people will continue to prosper.

 I thought this would tear Fry and myself apart, being an alien monster. But I was wrong. It has brought us closer together then anything else before. I'm very thankful, and always will be...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Leela sighed as finished her latest entry in the daily history log of Manhattan. Fortunatly, her forepaws were still hand-like enough to pick up objects and write. Her face, though being worn by a 75-year old alien, looked just as young as it did when she was 25. This made her think about adjusting the aging clock, since it seemed much longer then a human's.....
 Fry walked over to her, and sat down. "What up?"
 "Not much.....how's New Earth doing?'
 "Well, actually. Another birth or two at Wong Medical, the Hubert Science Lab is working on a defense plan for the planet and caculating a new clock of aging for our species...I can't believe how much we've done just by being mutated......"
 "I know.....it's suprising.....we've created an all new species. But the thing we'll never know is.....was what happened to me a normal thing for my species? Or a random freak sickness?"
 "It doesn't matter Leela.....Earth is the past. We have to focus on the future."
 Leela nodded. "You're right."
 "Yes. Now come on, we needed to help some scientists with that aging data."
 Leela agreed, and Fry helped her up. They kissed quickly as they left. By the time they died at the age of 90 together (600 years in Earth time), they were able to see their new world blossom into a world of 30,000,000 educated, peaceful souls.

 The loss of their civilization lit the fire for the rise of a new one.
 

END