'Repercussions'
SUMMARY: Fry and Leela get drunk....and quite the mistake is made. They want to try to fix the problem, but who make the first move: Fry? Leela.....or Amy?
All Futurama related items are copyright Matt Groening, The Curiosity Company, and 20th Century Fox. All rights reserved.
 
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "Welp, here we are!!"
 Fry, Leela, and Bender were standing in the bowels of one of the more grimey buildings in the alleys of New New York. The place was filled with robots, aliens, and some humans who were too busy getting drunk or stoned to care about anything else.
 "Uck, it smells like exhaust fumes in here", Leela complained, holding her nose.
 "Well, it was you're choice to come, meat bags. I'm gonna go have a drink with my buds", Bender replied. Then he left, leaving the two of them alone.
 "Well, you wanna get a drink?" Leela asked.
 "OK, whose paying?"
 "YOU are, for yourself", Leela stated, a bit annoyed.
 "Geeze, I'm sorry! Ask a stupid question...."

 Oh, Leela, there you go again she thought. Why must I be so stuck up and full of myself to not tell Fry how I feel about him. If only I didn't correct him, yell at him, or call him names.....

 She walked over to the bar, where Fry was nursing his first beer, an intriguing reddish brown concotion in a tall glass.
 "Hey, that looks pretty good", Leela said as she took a stool next to him.
 Fry nodded as wiped some of the foam off his lips. "It's something imported from Neptune. I think the bartender called 'Muc-kas' or something."
 "Eew, mucas!?" Leela groaned, making a face.
 "No, Muc-KAS, sound out the last sylliable..."
 "Whatever", Leela sighed. When the bartender walked over to take her order, she said. "I'll have what he's having...the Mucas..."
 "You want mucas?!? YUCK!!!"
 

 Unfortunatly, the two of them didn't realize that the beer was twice as potent as the beer found on Earth. And because it tasted so good, they had a couple of glasses. By the time they had their fourth glass, Fry and Leela were both legally drunk.
 "Wow.....whatta rush....." Fry hiccuped.
 "Oh, you shut up, silly" Leela hissed, shoving Fry, knocking both of them off their stools.The bartender arched his eyebrow, and said "Since I think you two have had enough for tonight, maybe you'd like to pay for those?"
 "Hell, sure why not?" Leela slurred, tossing out a dollar bill from her wallet. The bartender looked at shocked for a minute, and then looked back up at her, confused.
 "Ma'am, this was $10 dollars worth of beer......and you just gave me a fifty."
 "Aw, keep it for yourself (hiccup), big boy" Leela replied, clapping him on the shoulder, and then she and Fry stumbled out of the bar. The bartender shook his head, and sighed.
 "This stuff's way to powerful....even though it does rake in the money....but isn't health more important then beer...?"
 A man walked up. "Gimmie that reddish beer those guys were drinking...only one glass, though..."
 "Yessir! That'll be......oh, five bucks" (Hee hee! I can really rake in the dough and  retire soon if this keeps up.....)

 As Fry and Leela lurched through the New New York night, they finally walked into Planet Express, which was a few blocks away. Really, they LITERALLY walked into it. So after they picked themselves up, they managed to walk into the door and down the hall.
 Amy came up the the hall to greet them.
 "Hey guys, back so soon?"
 "Yup.....ya know, you're a great girl Amy.....except you have pink things walking around you...." Fry said, a lop-sided grin on his face.
 Amy raised an eyebrow and turned to Leela.
 "Fry got drunk, didn't he, Leela?"
 Leela's eye wobbled a couple of times as she slurred "O'course, silly billy! He ain't (hiccup) whatever his name is if he didn't..."
 Amy shook her head, and sighed. "You two are going to the guest room until you get sobered up! I'm not gonna let you go stumbling out there! What if policemen, robots or lawyers caught you, then what would you do!? I may be rich, but I don't bail out drunk friends!"
 "Aw, you're no fun, pinky...."
 "Shut up, Fry....now you two, follow me....."
 

 After Amy locked the door, Fry and Leela sat down on the bed, looking at nothing at first, and then each other.
 "What the Hell are YOU looking at, buster?"
 "Hey Leela.....do you have eyes you keep hidden? It looks like you have three...."
 "Well you have four. so look whose talking...."
 After the were silent for a minute, Leela belched. "Oh, excuse you", she slurred. "My dinner isn't sitting well in your stomach...."
 "Aw, it's OK........you're quite the girl, Amy........."
 "I'm not Amy, you idi-ot!"
 "Oh, I'm just seeing pink all over the place, and you look nice in pink...."
 "Oh...." Leela sighed, as she took of her coat. "I'm hot..."
 "You're damn right sister.....you make wanna grab your...(hiccup) and just let go"
 "You wanna get some...?"
 "Oh yeah. But first, I have to take off your skin to get to the good stuff...." Fry reached over, and accidentilly tore Leela's shirt in half.
 "You moron, now I have to do it" Leela snarled as she ripped Fry's shirt apart, as he was still wearing his jacket. "Now, get those pants off, I can't help you with those things....."
 "Oh, yeah......that's the stuff I want."
 After Fry and Leela had drunkenly stripped themselves, they rolled around the bed and......
_______________________________________________________________________

 Leela moaned as she woke up. Her head felt like a jack hammer was going inside AND  outside her skull. She didn't remember anything about last night, everything from sitting down with Fry to now was an un-readablr blur. She looked down, she was in a bed, so she must have gotten home safely. She looked around the room.....well, it wasn't hers...she must be somewhere in a hotel-no, she was at Planet Express. Oh well, she was still safe, except her for the pounding headache, so she guessed she could just go back to sleep.
 As she put her had back on the pillow, her hazy eye focused on something hanging of the bedpost she was lying next to. She reached up and grabbed it...she had no idea what it was. When her eye focused on it, Leela gasped as she realizied what she was holding.....her underwear!!!
 Looking around the room, she found her clothes and footwear scattered all over the place, with her shirt torn in half. She began to hyperventilate.
 "Oh God, Oh God, Oh God, Oh God, Oh God, Oh God......did Zapp get me drunk and get me in bed again?!? Please tell me that wasn't what happened......"
 As she looked around the floor at her clothes, she heard some moaning to her right. The lump in the sheets next to her was waking up. Leela grabbed the near by lamp, ready to clobber Zapp if this was him. When she realizied who it was, she dropped the lamp and gasped.
 The screams went at the same time:
 "FRY!?!??!"
 "LEELA!?!?!"
 "What the Hell are you doing in bed with me?!?!?!?"
 The looked at each other in embarrasment, and then in confusion, and then in pain as their screams registered in their hangover ears.
 "Aw man.....we must have gotten drunk and slept together....." Leela groaned as she peeked down the sheets to see if she was really naked (she was). "I guess so", Fry whimpered.
 Both of them sat looking into space for a minute.....then both of them rolled out of the bed as they squatted down behind it to collect their clothes. After they dressed, they walked out of the room at a brisk pace, never making eye or word contact.
 

 Hermes was glaring at the two youngsters as they rushed to the meeting table "Great tail fin of Brooklyn!! You two are an hour late!!" he yelled.
 "Ow....please don't scream", they replied, holding their ears as the said at opposite ends of the table, looking as far away from the other as possible. The rest of the crew noticed the sudden change of the duo's closeness....even Hermes' angry glare melted away as hey eyed them, and then continued with the meeting. Since it was Friday, and there were no deliveries, they broke up for the weekend...and watched Fry and Leela practically run away from the other at a brisk pace.
_______________________________________________________________________

 I can't believe it. I got drunk, and made love to Fry with out realizing it. You sure had your head up your ass last night, Toronga!!
 Of course, I dunno what hurts more: My head from the hangover....my body from the...um....exercise, or the fact that this might be it. I'm scared now to even look at Fry, I feel so horrible about what happened. I fear our relationship as been reduced to ashes for good. And now I really am alone...
 Strange how life works out at times, you know? One minute, you're suckin' suds with your best bud, the next you find out you're in bed with him. I'm starting to think that the Fates want me to be alone, want me to be miserable...want me to go mad from isolation.
 Congrats, guys. I think you reached your goal.
 

 I still can't except....or believe....it happened. But here I am, wearing my jacket buttoned together to stand in for the torn rags I'm now pulling out of my pockets that used to be my shirt. My breath still reeks with alcohol. I'm just trying to figure out what happened last night. I remember the bar.....I obviously remember this morning......but between that, everything's a blur. A hazy, pink blur.
 I think I've destroyed our friendship. The worst thing is that it could have been more then it was...we could have possibly gotten together, become more then best friends. But I doubt she likes me, especially the way she treated me....
 Now, I dunno if she even wants to see me. And I dunno if I wanna see her.
______________________________________________________________________

 Two weeks had passed since the incident. And it was a long two weeks to say the least. Leela just piloted the ship, and Fry cowered in the back of the ship. Neither of them wanted to face the other, so poor Amy had to pull things together and relay info and orders between them. She knew that these must be repecussions from that night fourteen days ago.
 Amy could tell both of them were scared of seeing the other. Mainly because they thought the other would tear their head off. Maybe because they felt the humiliated each othe. Or maybe they felt their connection had been severed. Whatever it was, it was tearing them apart. It disturbed her to see the shimmer of affection that was in their eyes replaced by the dull sphere of fear.
 Amy knew they had to get back together...but how...?

 
 Fry and Leela were struggling over their demons still. They had finally accepted the fact it happened, and were thankful at least that Leela wasn't pregnant. Now they had to try to talk to the other and put the incident behind them. But their thoughts were just spinning wheels:
 
 What if I gave him a night on the town? No, we might get drunk again....
 
 Maybe I could send her card...nah, too dorky.

 What about a movie? No, that's a date!!

 What about a quiet talk...no, the hormones would start up again....

 Ooh, I can't think of anything!!!

 This is hopeless! All my ideas suck!!
_______________________________________________________________________

 It's amazing, it really is. One mistake can destroy a life. One little mistake. The fact that we weren't warned that beer was so potent. Or that we drank too many 'couple glasses' and got loaded because of it.
 I wish I could remember that night. But it's so foggy...but then, do I really wanna see? I have know idea how two drunken horny youngsters would express themselves...and I probably wouldn't like it.
 I keep thinking about Fry. I feel horrible about it. Maybe if I wasn't drunk, or maybe if we never went, we would still be friends. More importantly, I could tell him how I really felt about him. That must be hard him...his last good memories of us unknowingly starting on the road to destruction, and, of course, me yelling at him .  (Sigh.)
 Fry, I'm so, so, SO sorry......

 
 It's been three weeks now. Still not a word, and still not even a look. Leela must really hate me for what happened. I know all to well her regret about Zapp. I helped her through the depression she had when nobody else could see it...and kept the biggest secret in my life because of it...
 But now we can't even talk to each other. I wonder if she ever liked me like  I like her. Probably not. When someone calls you everything from a bastard to a fat hog, you get the sense that you're not wanted...
 But Leela was my best friend. I know, that seems like a tired, stupid statement at this point, but how can I really like a cold assemblage of iron and machinery? Bender doesn't have any feels for us humans...he's already tried to wipe us out twice. But Leela...there was something special about us...when we weren't in boiling water, or in each other's bubble of personal space, we had some great moments. My New York.....the moon......the Titanic......X-mas......
 I wonder if she'll ever know/understand  how much she hurt me before this, too. Hearing her call me a fat hog when I was about ready to cry for her was a knife in my gut, one I can still feel twisting into it this day. I've always tried to be accomadating for the bumps we've had in hopes of creating a better world for us, but those hopes are gone now....
 

 I wonder what Fry's thinking about right now. Is he thinking of me? The accident? Or of some god-damn TV show? I wonder if he'll ever know how many times I come here, to my apartment, and scream at myself for my meaness. After the Popplers incident, I whacked myself over the head with a book for a couple minutes until my head finally pleaded for a break.
 I've always been hard on myself. Now I've lost my friend.....my companion.....the guy I think of as kinda my kid brother.
 
 And my significant other, before he could become that.
_______________________________________________________________________
 
 

 "OK, now here's the plan", Amy muttered to herself. "I trick Fry into going to the guest room tonight after work, as I say he's gotta check something out. Then, I'll get Leela in there, saying I've found Nibbler's leash......and then.....hee, hee!!"
 
 
 Fry was the first to leave that evening, just as Amy thought. Amy, as calmly as she could, walked over to him. It seemed to be working....he isn't noticing anything....
 "Hey Fry......there's a really big ransom in gold and old sardines in the guest room........you should go get it...."
 "Really? Cool! Where is it?"
 "Somewhere.....I don't remember where exactly, unfortunatly. Just look around, and I'm sure you'll find it...
 "Well, all right.....but come back and help me if I can't find it in ten minutes?"
 "Yup", she answered, and walked off (I'll be helping you, all right!, she snickered to herself...)
 
 "What? You found Nibbler's leash? I've been looking for it for days! Where is it?"
 "It's over here, in the guest room...I'll show you..."
 Amy lead Leela towards the room she had gotten Fry in. As the two women approached, she could hear shuffling from within the walls. Leela could hear it too, and became suspious. But, the noise faded, so Leela walked in...
 Suddenly, Fry popped out from beside  the bed! "Hey, Amy!! There's no sardi-LEELA!?!?"
 "FRY!?!?!?"

 Leela lunged for the door, but it was too late. Amy slammed it shut, locked it, and barricaded it..She then took a chair from across the hall, and sat herself down.
 "And you two will stay in ther until you get over this problem you're having!! It's time you kissed and made up!" Amy yelled over their panicked knockings.
 "Amy this isn't funny!! Let me out!!" Leela howled.
 "And me too!"
 Amy took out a book from her office, singing "I can't hear you!"
 After a while, the knockings ceased. Amy looked occasionally at the door, wondering what was going on.....
 

 Leela and Fry backed into opposite corners, both acting like the other was a wild animal ready to tear them apart. After their breathing had calmed down after the shock of the event, Leela took a deeper breath and got the ball rolling:
 "Fry, it's time to stop running, and talk...."
 (Sigh) "I guess you're right.."
 Leela sat down on the bed, and patted a spot next to her. Fry gingerly sat down, a couple inches away from her.
 "So.......um.....how to start......."
 "Well, Leela, we both know we made pretty big mistake while we were out of it, and not thinking right....."
 "Yes."
 "Well, should we give this up?"
 "What up?"
 "Our being friends...."
 "NO!!! I still wanna be friends with you, Fry....."
 "As do I. But I don't think we can work together well..."
 Leela sighed. She was about to take a big leap, and big strech......
 "Fry...there's something I need to tell you....."
 "What?"
 "Fry....I've realizied all this time......that I (gulp) love you. It burns at my soul everytime I scream at you, or call you names, and fills me with warmth when I am geting close with you...before the moments keep getting ruined, of course...."
 "Leela.... I have to ask you...are you telling me the truth?"
 Silence. "Yes."
 "Wow...I say that because...I love you too, as mushy as that sounds. You're the only woman that's been there for me, that's so nice, and willing to see past some of my mistakes." (Silence) "Aw, come here......".
 Fry opened his arms for a hug, and Leela greatfully returned it. The two of them remained that way for a minute. Then, Leela brought her lips towards his, searching for them. They kissed, and the world around them fell away. As Fry leaned into her, Leela suddenly gave way under his wieght. He immediantly stopped kissing, worried he hurt her.
 "Yikes! Leela, are you alr....Fry trailed of as he saw Leela. Not only was she all right, but she taking of his jacket, and now working at his shirt! Fry grabbed Leela's hands.
 "Leela? Do you know what you're doing?!"
 "Yes.....I'm taking of your clothes, doesn't that seem obvious?"
 "Leela!! You knucklehead!! This is what got us in that mess!! Why would you wanna make love again?!"
 "Because we didn't do it for real the first time...and we should make up for it", she replied, taking off his shirt.
 "No Leela......we can't do thi-" Leela kissed him on the lips, as he finally gave in and reached for her muscle shirt....
_______________________________________________________________________

 Leela sighed as she hugged Fry. Yes, once again, their were naked and in the same bed together, but it didn't matter anymore. They had made up.

 Wow. I feel like a new woman. And all it took was cracking that hard shell of   pride and self-pity. Now Fry's mine at last.....

 I can't believe Leela just did this. I would have thought we wouldn't have spoken to each other again, let alone doing sex again in a normal frame of mind!! She's a great person....

 "Hey, Fry?
 "Uh?"
 "Are you happy?"
 "I'm fine Leela, I'm just fine now." Fry laid back on the pillow, letting the scent of Leela and her shower of purple hair flow over him.
 "Do you think we'll be all right now, Leela:?"
 "I sure hope so....but I think we'll be all right."
 "So do I, Leela...so do I....."
 And with that, they exchanged another kiss and fell asleep in each other's arms.
 

END.