'Full Moon Love'
SUMMARY: Fry and Leela were JUST starting to click when Fry finds out he's a werewolf....
All Futurama related items are copyright Matt Groening, The Curiosity Company, and 20th Century Fox. All rights reserved.
 
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You look wonderful tonight, Leela..."
 Fry fidgeted in his chair. It had been a few hours since he decided to admit his feelings for Leela to her face. Besides, didn't everyone at Planet Express know already, possibly including her? She must hav gotten a hint when he took her out to dinner at one of New New York's best restuarants....
 He looked at her, so beautiful in that green dress she wore when she escaped from the Titanic. She had some crystal earrings, a small necklace, and a bit of make-up/lipstick on. But he didn't need that splash and dash...he cared about the REAL Leela all the same...but tis was it....time to get it over with....
 "Leela, there's something I need to tell you..."
 Leela stopped chewing to ask "What is it, Fry?"
 She could see that Fry seemed very uncomfortable...he hesitated, and he spilled out his heart...literally.
 "Leela, I've had a crush on you for quite a while. Ever since, well, the old ruins of New York...the Moon...the Titanic....I really like you. I understand if you don't want me, what with your high standards and all, but I just wanted you to know. Besides, I can be a lot better then Zapp, or Alkazzar, or whoever else...."
 Leela's eye went wide as he talk. She sat there for a minute, and then beamed a huge smile across her face.
 "Oh, Fry! You DO like me!? Oh, that's so nice...I thought you must not like me because I can be annoying at times...but you like me!! Well, I like you too, obviously...I mean, wow.....I dunno what to say..!!"
 "You don't need to say anything", Fry said, as he leaned forward and kissed Leela on the lips. She returned it.
 And so, the two of them pay and re-treat to Leela's apartment for 'real fun'....
 

BRING!!!!!!!!!

 Fry sat up and threw the clock against the wall with a thud. It was once again time to face the day. It had been three weeks since Fry admitted his feelings for Leela, and he had never felt better. Although today there was strange, unknown feeling welling up in him at times, Fry like a million bucks.
 "Mornin' Bender", Fry mumbled as he yawned and walked over to the fridge for breakfast.
 "Hey skintube."
 Fry paged through the contents of the fridge. Celery......beer......Slurm........eggs......ah! There was some bacon in here! Fry tore open the package and walked over to the stove....and leaned on it as he ate the pack's entire contents.Sure, it was good, but it didn't fill him up enough.
 "Hey Bender....do we any more raw meat lying around here?"
 "Um........no" Bender said, giving him a wierd look. "And I think humans HEAT up that stuff before eating it!"
 

 A while later, Bender and Fry reached Planet Express to start the delivery day. As there were no deliveries, today's only buisness was a brief meeting.
 "I am happy to announce that Planet Express has just had its best month ever", Hermes started. "If we keep this up, we're going to get even more recog- Fry, are you chewing on the table!?!?"
 Fry's co-workers whipped their heads around to see Fry gnawing away at the table, having already made a fairly big dent in it. After Amy tapped him on the back, he shot up and growled at her.
 "Fry, either knock it off or I'll send you to Zoidberg over there for a check-up!!" Hermes roared. Fry meakly stpped chewing, whimpering for a minute, and then shook his head rapidly. "Wha' happened?", he asked.
 "You were chewing on the table, and growling like an animal", Leela answered. Fry coud tell there was a glint of concern for him reflected in Leela's eye. He could also see that his nephew had a concerned look, but he couldn't understand why....he was probably thinking about the confrence table he just gnawed on.
 After Hermes finished the meeting and let everyone go free for the day, Farnsworth stopped Fry as he prepared to leave.
 "Fry, I believe I know what's wrong with you......and I hope I'm wrong, because it won't be pretty if I'm right....I'll need a sample of your DNA and blood to look at."
 "Well, all right", Fry answered. He went to the Prof's lab and let him take what he needed. I hope he figures out what's wrong, Fry thought. I feel really wierd today, and I don't know what's happening...."

 A few minutes later, Farnsworth returned, his face dripping with concern.
 "Fry, there's something I must tell you..."
 "What? Am I gonna die? Am I sick? Allergic? WHAT?!?"
 "No Fry...um, how shall I put this....it appears that you are a lycanthrope."
 "A 'wha'?"
 It means you're a werewolf, Fry" Farsnworth explained.
 Fry nodded. "Oh, that's all? I'm a werewolf? Ok.......I'M A WHAT!!?!??!"
 "I'm afriad it's genetic. We've had this problem in our family, Fry. But unless I knew for sure that you might have it, I decided not to worry you, or anyone else for that matter."
 "Really? And how did you guess that?"
 "Because you were growling and chewing on things, your moron!!"
 "Well, THIS is great!" Fry groaned. "I finally admit my feelings to Leela, and I find I'm gonna turn into a wolf every full moon!"
 Farnsworth nodded. "Starting tonight, it appears."
 Fry sighed. "Why is it when I finally get Leela, I get cursed?"

 Hours later, Fry sat on the roof of Robot Arms. He had just eaten a couple pounds worth of raw meat, partly against his own free will. Fry pondered what he would do after he changed...would he go after his friends? Or more inportantly....Leela? He knew all too well now that if one was bitten or scratched by a werewolf, the unlucky wretch would be one themselves. That was a fate he didn't want to bestow upon anyone, especially her....
 Fry sighed. Off and on today, he was acting like a wolf, and usually he managed to stop himself. He just hoped he could do the same after his impending transformation. If not, he'd just have to hope that a werewolf wouldn't jump of a skyscraper and survive, or be smart enough to use the stairs.
 Glancing over the serene skyline of his city, he noticed the sun had gone down, and the moon's cusp was just beginning to appear on the horizon. He took a deeep breath, and waited.
 Despite his fears, it didn't hurt at all. When he checked himself over after the strange feelings had past, he noted he was covered in fur, and now had a snout, sharp teeth and claws, pointed ears atop his head, and even a tail, while his legs slightly resembled those of a wolf. He was relieved to realizie that his mind was intact, and he didn't feel like running rampant and slaughtering people.
 "Well", Fry mumbled, "what do I do now?"
 Fry suddenly had an urge to howl at the moon. So, he did so. Which promptly caused many a can and shoe to be thrown his way. Deciding this was not the best place to do this, he stole away to find a more secluded part of the city. After howling for a few hours, he decided to go see Leela, though part of him knew it was against his better judgement.

 It wasn't a really big suprise that Leela was asleep when he reached her apartment. It was late, about one in the morning. He sat in the derilect building across from her window for a while, trying to think of a way to explain what had happened, and then bracing himself for her reaction. Needless to say, he really wasn't getting many good ideas...
 Then he heard footsteps. He looked down, and saw off all people, Leela! She wore a series of sweatbands on her head and wrists. She sighed, 'Nothing like a brisk night walk through this safe neighborhood....I'm so glad I decided to live in Harlem!" Fry looked down at her.....and regretted it. Mainly because Leela saw him.
 "Aw, you poor thing!", Leela cried. "What's a cute dog like you doing stuck up in that building? I'll be right up to get you.....stay right there!!"
 Fry broke into a panic. He wasn't going to Leela.....she was going to him!! He ran around the barren floor, looking vainly for a place, but he knew it was useless. He could already her the amplifying clomp of Leela's boots as she dashed up the stairs. He cowered in the corner, hoping he wouldn't be seen.
 "OK, boy...or girl...where are ya?" Leela cooed, looking for the animal that didn't exist. "You must be a scared little fellow, hiding all alone in the dark.....here, I'll turn on a light, and I'll find you." Fry sucked in his breath as Leela tapped a few buttons on her wrist comm, and had it emit a beam of light. Leela muttered "Hmmm.....where are you........oh, there you are!!" as she finally got Fry in the light.
 "Hey, little guy......why are you wearing clothi- Oh my God!! A WEREWOLF!!!!!!" Leela screamed, turning around and running as fast as she could towards the stairs. Fry croaked "Leela, wait! It's me, Fry!", but she kept running.....and then she stopped.
 "Fry!?!?" Leela came running right back to her affected lover. "Oh, my God........what happened to you?"
 "I'm a werewolf........it's genetic in my family. I just found out today......"
 "Oh, you poor thing!" Leela wailed, trying to take him into her arms. Fry scooted away, saying "Don't touch me! I'm a freak of nature!! Besides, isn't this a bit sappy?"
 "I'll be as sappy as I need to, Fry! Please, let me help you", she said, inching closer to him.
 "Please Leela", Fry warned. "Don't come any closer....what I scratched you or bit you? You'd transform into a werewolf too.....and I don't want that to happen!!"
 Leela just kept coming closer. "Fry, you're still you under that fur! Please, you need a friend right now......"
 Fry scooted back as far as he can, until he bumped against a wall with a window in it. Glancing through the opening, he figured he could just jump out and end his suffering before it began, or cause any trouble for anyone. Leela instantly read his body language and facial expression.
 "Fry.....don't."
 "Why? So I can live and kill somebody....I don't wanna take that chance!"
 "Fry, don't you realizie the people you'd hurt?! What about you're co-workers? What about Bender......and what about me?"
 Fry sat back for a minute. He remembered that night three weeks ago, where they admtted their feelings to each other and then made love. He had always considered her his best friend, even though he lived with Bender. That robot didn't care for him at times, and besides, he was annoying and didn't like humans. But Leela would be devestated if he hurt or killed himself....and what would say she wouldn't dive out a window if he did? Besides, she seemed to be more concerned about him then him.
 Fry finally stood up, and said. "You win." Leela immediately rushed over and gingerly hugged him, making sure she avoided his claws.  "You always were too sappy at times", Fry growled.
 "What can I say? I'm concerned about a friend."
 Fry smiled. Leela sat down, and indicated she wanted Fry to do the same. Leela looked at him for a minute, and said "So, can I assume this is why you were gnawing on the confrence table and growling at Amy?" Fry nodded. He proceeded to tell her what had happened."....so the Prof. called me over after the meeting, at did some tests on me. He managed to warn me of my...er....condition a few hours before hand. I'm thankful for that.....it would be really bad if  transformed in front of you or something."
 Leela gave a shrug, and muttered "Meh, I've seen worse.....I was dating and about to marry a shape-shifting bug, remember?"
 Fry nodded, and then became serious. "Leela, I don't think we can continue our relationship......I'm afraid I'm going to hurt you......or condemn you to my fate.....or do the same to somebody else. Maybe I should flee the planet to a more secluded area and live my life out alone......"
 "No! You're a normal person, Phillip! You just have a problem, like many other people.We can work around it! Forgive me for being sappy, but I've wanted you with me for about two years.....and nothing'll make me give you up."
 "Forget it Leela. The only this would work is if you were a werewolf, and you're not."

 Leela's mind grabbed ahold of that comment. Fry felt so sad about being half animal, he wanted to sever the connection they had worked at for years. She didn't want to lose it, or him. And it seemed there was only one way to do that.
 She thought of the great sacrifice she was considering. She would have to figure out how to get around without being seen on full moons, and hope she never had to come back to Earth on one from a delivery. But she was willing to do it. She needed Fry......no matter how sappy that was........he was the only person she could really trust........the only friend she had.
 Leela took a breath, and started speaking.
 "Well Fry, I do see a solution to this..."
 "You do? They can cure this, or something?"
 "No.......a werewolf has never been caught, so we don't have a cure yet."
 "Oh......well, what's your idea?"
 "Well, we could stay together if you scratched me, or bit me....."
 "WHAT!??!? Oh no!!! I'm not gonna do it!!!!!!!!"
 "Why?"
 Fry slapped his face with his paw and dragged it down his altered face. "What if you changed your feelings towards me?!? Or I changed mine? What if one of us died? Where would you be? Where would -I- be?"
 Leela snarled for a minute, and then demanded "What if I begged you to!?"
 "NO!!!!!!"
 Leela sighed. She would have to trick him......but how.....
 As she thought, she glanced down at his right hand/paw. "Nice hand" she commented. Fry smiled for a minute, and then said."Hey, thanks. You wanna touch it?"
 The light-bulb went off in her head. She nodded, and reached out to touch it. Suddenly, before Fry could react, Leela grabbed the clawed appendage and raked it down her chest, tearing her coat and shirt in the process.
 "Leela!! NO!!!!! How could you DO THIS!??! I thought you had more sense that this!!"
 "Fry, you're my best friend, and possibly my significant other. You're the only real friend I've had in my life...and if I have to be a werewolf to keep you, then that's what I'll be! Besides......wolves mate for life, and I think you look kinda cute like this" Leela said as she smiled at him.
 Fry sighed. "Don't you know what you've done!?? I-Well, I guess you're right."
 Leela smacked him on the arm. "Of course I am! Now, I'd love to talk to you more, but I need to put something on this, unless I wanna bleed to death." She smiled, and walked down the stairs and back to her apartment. Fry waited until she got to her room, and had fixed herself up before he left. As she turned off the light, she waved at him, and then Fry departed for home.
 

 Leela sat up in bed the next morning with a jolt. "Woah, what a wierd dream! Fry was a werewolf, and I scratched myself with his hand to become one? I must have eaten something rotten last night!" She yawned, and then rubbed her stomach.....and stopped.
 She looked down the collar of her nightgown. She realizied that she had four, nastly looking wounds on her chest, and some of the blood around it was still slightly tacky. She remembered the events of last night in clarity now: The most vivid image was her wounding herself with Fry's altered hand.
 "Well Toronga, you certainly did yourself in this time...", she thought. "Fry warned you that this was no picnic....you should have thought things ov- Hey, (sniff, sniff)is some meat I smell somewhere in here?!?"
 Leela jumed off her bed and opened the refrigerator. Sure enough, there was an artifical steak in there she was planning on having with Fry tonight for dinner. She grabbed it and begin chewing away. When her normal mind snapped back into place, she realizied what she was doing...and the fact that she was on all fours with a slab of raw meat in her mouth!
 "What the Hell is wrong with me?!" Leela groaned, rubbing her head. Then she remembered what Fry was telling her about his experinces yesterday. She ran to the video phone and dialed him up.
 "Wa-, wassup, Leela?" He murmered, obviously just waking up.
 "Fry, I just caught myself on all fours eating a chunk of raw meat! I think my body's starting to adapt to being a werewolf!!"
 Fry snapped awake. "You hold on! I'll be RIGHT there!!"

 True his word, Fry was at Leela's door a half hour later.
 "How are you, Leela?"
 "I think I'm OK...I just feel really wierd....like I'm crawling around in my skin or something...."
 Fry nodded. "I know. I had the same feeling. Have you chewed on anything y- oh, you have on the table...and the counter.....and the phone reciever?"
 Leela nodded. "The latter one I did after I called you."
 Fry sighed, and took a seat nearby her. "I warned you, Leela....."
 "I know. And I'm willing to accept the risks! You must understand that!"
 "I do. But this just got more complicated. You remember Wernstrom? (Leela nodded) Well, it seems some people saw me last night. Front page news in the Post. He's gonna look for werewolves tonight.....and since you're a rookie, I dunno what's gonna happen."
 "What should we do?"
 "Lay low. And stay here. You're going to be howling at the moon......it's a werewolf instinct. So I suggest you just stay in your apartment, so you'd just seem like an average dog barking. I'll be here the whole night to see you through this first transformation, OK?"
 Leela nodded. "Thanks, Fry......I was gonna ask you that anyway."
 Fry pshawed it off. "Heck, no prob! Now, how about some lunch?"
 Leela nodded.....and the two of them grabbed the steak in their mouths, and fought over it on their hands and knees, growling.

 After time passed, Leela and Fry sat on the balcony of Leela's apartment, watching the sun set over the horizion.
 "Won't be long now......" Fry warned his friend.
 "I know", Leela nodded.
 They sat silent for a while, as the last of the sun disappeared. Leela broke the stillness.
 "Fry.....I'm scared."
 "There's no reason to be. It doesn't even hurt.....besides, I'm right here."
 "I know...and I appricate it........aren't we sappy?"
 Fry nodded, chuckling. "We are......I just don't- Uh oh. I hate to say this Leela......but it's time."
 As the full moon rose over the city, Fry and Leela transformed into their alternate beings. Leela took a deep breath and grabbed Fry's hand as she felt a tingle run through her body. She could feel herself being pushed, pulled, and twisted, but like he said, it didn't hurt. As the feeling faded away, Leela opened her eye. She looked down her nose, which had streched outwards with her jaw. Fry offered a mirror he had brought out with them, and she looked at it.
 She was covered completely in grey fur. Her hair was shaggy looking, and messed up, and she noticed her strange-looking ears were poking out of it. Her streched out face was lined with sharp teeth. She glanced at her altered hands.....down her alien legs.....and at her twisted feet (Fry warned her to remove all footwear). She even felt a tail poking out over her pants.
 "Wow......" was all she was able to mutter.(Jeeze, even my voice has changed!, she thought)
 Fry nodded, and then said "Welcome to the world of darkness, Leela."

 Leela led Fry back inside her apartment. It was going to take a bit of getting used to walking in these altered legs, but she was sure she could do it. Fry was walking next to her, ready to catch her if need be.
 "Fry, I'm a grown woman....I can take care of myself!" she snapped.
 "Not in this case, Leela...you're literally a pup now."
 Leela sighed, shaking her head. "If I knew you were going to mother me like this, I would have taken my chances with trying to love a werewolf", she laughed.
 "OK, so I'm a wee bit too close. But that's only because I'm concerned about you right now. I dunno what will happen tonight, and I hope that Wernstrom or somebody else didn't see us..."
 "Fry, how could he have seen us? He's probably out looking in a park or something...."

 But for once, Leela was wrong.

 Wernstrom had been sitting right across the street on the balcony of a nearby building. He had heard that an eyewitness saw the werewolf near the building in front of him. He could see Fry and Leela become wolf hybrids right in front of his eyes, and he knew he had what he was looking for. Of course, the problem was now how to get one of them, or better yet, both.

 "Fry, it's such a beautiful night out...why don't we just sit out there and enjoy it?" Leela suggested. Fry immediatly shook his head.
 "No way! That's the perfect way for us to be seen!! We have to stay in here until the moon goes down! I don't want you in any trouble yet, your body's still getting used to this!"
 "Fry, I'm twenty-five years old! I can take care of myself! Besides, I have to go get the glasses we left out there...." And with that, Leela went outside.
 The minute Leela stepped outside, she felt a sharp prick in her arm. She managed to look at it and register a dart of some sort before she collapsed and beacme unconsious....
 After he had knocked out his quarry, Wernstrom sent over a small device that attached itself to Leela's clothing. Then with the push of a button, both were beamed away.

 Fry managed to rush out onto the balcony to see Leela disappear. He ran towards it the minute he heard a body collapse onto the cement structure. Now his best friend and lover was gone, he had no idea who or what had taken her, or where.
 "Damn it, Leela!!", he cried, stomping his foot on the ground. "I -WARNED- you!! Now you've been captured and I have no idea were you are!" He paused for a minute, and then started crying. "Oh, who am I kidding!! I shouldn't have asked Leela to touch me hand! I shouldn't have let her go alone out there! I shouldn't have told her!! And now she's gone!!"
 As Fry continued to sob, he got hit in the nose with a scent of some sort. He didn't realizie it at first, but a part of his brain told him that is was actually Leela! Then he remembered something from high school: Wolves had fantastic senses of smell, but he didn't think it could work at this range for human hybrids. Well, whatever it was, he knew now that he had a chance if find his girfriend....or was it his mate in another sense.
 Fry shook his head, and ran back inside. Those thoughts were all trivial! He had to save Leela!!
 

 "Ah, I see you're waking up!"
 Leela groggily shook her head and opened her eye. She found herself strapped upright to some sort of operation table. There was a nasty looking array of tools around her, and she didn't like what they might be used for. She tried to make out her abductor, but it was too dark for her to make out anything certain. Leela then tried to break free, but she couldn't do that either.
 "I would bother trying that. Those bonds have been specifically designed to hold you there. Even the combined strength of a human and a wolf couldn't break them."
 "Well, I'm not a human....I'm an alien!" Leela growled in her rougher voice.
 "So I noticed", her holder noted. He walked out of the shadows, revealing his identity. Prof. Wernstrom.
  "Wernstrom?!? Why you little sneak!! Let me go at once!" Leela snarled.
 "I wouldn't try to pushy right now, my lycanthrope friend. You see, I'M the one who has you bound and at my mercy."
 "You can go ahead and laugh now, but my boyfriend is on his way, and...."
 "Oh, I'm sure he is. But I'll be ready for him." He held up a small metallic object. "Do you know what this is?"
 "A fake tooth?" Leela snarled.
 "No, not exactly. This is a silver bullet. The only thing that can kill a werewolf. One well placed shot will drop your boyfriend DEAD in his tracks. So I would hope for your sake and his, that he doesn't try anything!!"
 "If you even lay a FINGER on Fry...!!" Leela screamed, trying again to rip free.
 "...You'll what? Bark at me? I'm so scared."
 "No, I'll tear you apart and....." Leela's words were stopped by a muzzle snapped over her mouth from somewhere above.
 "I think it was high time he had a little silence in here, don't you?" Wernstrom sneered. "Now then. let's start with what I shall do with you, shall we? I think a study of a werewolf DISSECTION should get the award that was wrongfully taken from me back.
 Leela could only whimper like animal at that fate....

 Fry ran down thestreet, hot on the trail of what he hope was Leela's scent. He just hoped he wasn't following it into the City Pound. He knew all too well that it was probably Wernstrom who kidnapped her, and he shuddered at the thoughts of what he might do to her. Fortunatly, it appears luck was on his side: He was now standing outside of what appeared to be a scientific complex. The scent was definetly coming from inside...
 Fry raced down a staircase, just in time to see Wernstrom about to cut into a terrified Leela. Fry roared, "You animal!!! What are you doing!?!??"
 Wernstrom smiled coldly as he turned to face Fry. Leela was frantically trying to warn Fry away, but with the muzzle in place, only a muffled stream of noises came out. Wernstrom replied: "We've been waiting for you", and then drew a gun, aimed,and fired.
 Leela winced as she heard the bullet find it's mark, and Fry's resulting yipe of pain. Fortunatly, Wernstrom was apoor shot, and Fry got hit in the upper right arm, just above the elbow. Undaunted, he charged at the quivering scientist and grabbed him by the lapels of his lab coat."
 "What's the matter? No more bullets?" Fry snarled.
 "Please don't kill me."
 "No, I won't kill you.....that would be a cruel and hateful thing someone like YOU would do! Now get the hell out of her before I change my mind!!" And with that, Wernstrom dashes away, whining. With him gone, Fry rushes to Leela's side, taking of the muzzle before working at the restraints.
 "Fry, are you alright? You got shot with a silver bullet!!" Leela blurted.
 "I know.....the Prof. warned me....but fortunatly, I only got nicked in the arm. A good
clean hole in my right arm, but I think it's alright...didn't even hit the bone..."
 "OK.....well, how do we get out of here?"
  "I guess we make a run for your apartment. We should run like a quadraped, because I think we'll attract attention if we walk upright like this...."
 "I guess you're right..."
 "Are you up to this, though?"
 "I'm still a bit dizzy from that knock-out dart, but I think I can manage....What about you?" Fry said he was fine, except he was had a little bit of a limp at his right, but he though he could manage.
 "OK.....then let's get going Fry......"

 As the two of them raced back to Leela's apartment, Leela became increasingly concerned about Fry. He was wincing with every step he took, and they had to slow down so he could be more comfortable.He was saying that the pain was spreading now through his entire body. As they reached the apartment, he was sweating and panting for breath, but they weren't running hard enough to cause that...
 Just as Fry came into the apartment, he muttered something and collapsed. Leela cried out and tried to figure out what was wrong. He felt Fry's pulse...it was dwindling. Leela realizied now that the silver bullet must be doing the damage! She had to remove it...but how?
 She dove for the phone and called Farnsworth. When the Prof. saw the mostly-wolven-Leela on the other end, he sighed and said "Fry did something to you, didn't he?"
 "No, I caused it. But that's not important!!" She proceeded to tell him about their adventure: Of her kidnapping, Fry's rescue of her, and his injury and resulting fainting spell. Farnsworth listened to the whole tale quietly.
 "So can you tell me how to save him?"
 "I'm afraid not, Leela. The bullet has done it's damage. Fry may have died as we speak. I'm sor-"
 Leela hung up before he could finish his sentence. She went back to Fry: his pulse was non-existant.
 "NO!!!!!!" Leela wailed, hugging Fry's ody against hers. Her friend.....her support........her lover......was dead. And she was alone now, alone in the world, doomed to be a werewolf. She recalled a story she read once, of how a girl bitten by werewolf was turned into a complete wolf for good the full moon after her friend, who had injured her, died. Leela shudered at the thought of being in the wilderness, alone, or being shot dead by some unsuspecting Animal Control personnel.
 Well, the least she could do was pry the bullet out. With her clawed fingers, she managed to fit her thumb and fore finger down into the wound and bring the bullet out. After that, she hugged the corpse to her side again.
 "Why God, why?!?! Please don't take him from me!! He's all I have! I need him more then You!! Please.....God......" Leela started sobbing before she could finish her prayer. As she continued to sob, she placed her hand Fry's still chest.
 Suddenly, she felt it move under her hand! She reached for his wrist, and checked for a pulse. Lo and behold, there WAS ONE!!! Leela squealed with joy, and then silently whispered for Fry to wake up. In a few minutes, his eyelids fluttered, and he awoke.
 "Leela......you.....saved my life", Fry managed to say between breaths.
 "I didn't know......I thought you were done for......even the Prof. told me so! But he just plucked it, for a goodwill gesture, and you came back to life......Oh Fry, thank God you're alive and all right!!", Leela cried wrapping her arms around him.
 "Thanks, Leela......If it weren't for you, I'd be dead or very lonely right now...."
 "You know Fry......I was thinking: Maybe our becoming werewolves is a disguised blessing..."
 "Whhy would you say that, Leela?"
 "Well, think about it! We've become more attached to each other...and we saved each other's lives tonight! Would we have been able to do the same in that way if we weren't like this?"
 "You're forgetting something, Leela: We're going to be hunted animals now...."
 "Fry, we can hide, or leave the country or something. There's a forest not to far from here....we could always camp out there when we need to..."
 "You know, that may just work, Leela! I never thought of that..."
 "I think it would be romantic, don't you?"
 "Yes, actually, it would......we would probably share a large sleeping bag or something to keep warm in or snuggle, and.....ya know........(he chuckled)."
 "Exactly! and I know what you're thinking....(she chuckled too)."
 "Well, maybe you're right about this, Leela! Maybe being werewolves won't be so bad..."
 "Yeah...maybe we could call this...oh, I dunno........'full moon love'.....what do you think?"
 "Cute......very cute."
 Leela smiled, and pecked Fry on his furry check, and then on his lips (well, whatever lips they had, anyway...).
 Fry slung and arm around her shoulders, and Leela swung around his chest. After a few minutes of sitting like that, Fry said: "Why don't we go out and enjoy the stars?"
 "I'd love too."

 And with that, he led her out side, and Fry and Leela sat on their haunches, side by side, and howled at the moon for hours......truely together at last.
 

END.