'Painful Memories'
SUMMARY: Leela's guilt over her encounter with Zapp and her occasional cruelness to Fry have been giving her nightmares. Feeling that she is a horrible person, she begins to pyshicaiy take things out on herself.....hard. When Fry finds out, he tries to help her.....
All Futurama related items are copyright Matt Groening, The Curiosity Company, and 20th Century Fox. All rights reserved.
 
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 She had just finished pulling her cast-away clothing back on. Leela carefully picked up her boots and tried to tip-toe out of the room. But she wasn't fast...or quiet...enough. Zapp awoke with a yawn, causing Leela to wheel around and gasp, knowing she had been caught.
 Zapp smiled at her. "Congratulations", he purred. "You are now officially my woman...."

 
 Leela sat up in bed, frightened. That was the FOURTH nightmare about her...encounter .....with that weasel, Zapp Brannigan this week! The pain was unbearable in her soul and mind at times: her hopes and search for the perfect man dashed by Zapp taking advantage of her. She would never forgive herself for that...and neither would the people around her. Bender, that lovable jerk, reminded her everytime Zapp was around/in the news, and of course there was Zapp hmself: Constantly trying to woo her back in to bed. Her heart was being torn out in fron of her eye and thrown into a blender everytime it happened.
 Of course there was a man, and she knew he loved her. Fry was probably the kindest person she had ever met. There too was another painful, constant problem: Her cruelness. She hated the person she was: the constant corrector, always on everyone's case and screaming at them or calling them names if they didn't do the right thing. She remembered the look in Fry's eyes, the reaction of his body everytime she was like that. Why, Toronga? Why push away the man who loves you and you love back!??! Leela constantly asked herself.
 No matter now to think of that; it was one in the morning. She climbed out of bed and went into her bathroom. Groggily, she poured herself a drink of water, and then splashed her face with cold water. She glanced up at her reflection in the mirror. Leela's body was showing the wear-and-tear of the past few nights. Her eye was bloodshot, surrounded by a ring of blackened skin from lack sleep. Her body as a whole sagged under the green nightgown and undergarments she always wore to bed every night.
 As she yawned and prepared to return to her bed, she suddenly had the sensation that someone was behind. Looking up in the mirror, she saw FRY!! She whirled around to face him.
 "Fr-Fry?! What are you doing here!? How did you get in my apartment?!"
 Fry stepped closer to her. "Doesn't matter. I've come to tell you something...."
 Leela's eye opened. "Really? Might I know what this is?"
 "You should....it's been along time in coming...." Fry nodded.
 Leela smiled. "Then please, go ahead and tell me!"
 Fry smiled. "My pleasure...."

SLAP!!!!!!!!!!

 Before Leela could react, Fry slapped Leela clear across the face! After getting her breath back, Leela turned to Fry, her hand clinging to the stinging flesh and her eye watering.
 "Fry? What-how-WHY did you do that!!?"
 "You know DAMN WELL why, you stupid bitch!!" Fry roared, forcing her against the wall. "What did you think I would do after all that anger you've been giving me, come in, and hug you and kiss you gently!??!"
 Leela blushed, red as the mark on her left cheek. "Um, well....."
 "No way, dirtbag! I'm here to tell you it's OVER between us!! I am terminating my friendship with you as of THIS moment! I would have you get out of my sight NOW, but I have to see you at work! I knew I shouldn't have fallen in that cryo-freezer...I do have a reason to regret it..."
 Leela's face became a mask of horror and pain. "Fry, you don't understand...!...I do value you.....I even lov-"
 "Don't give me that garbage!!" Fry screamed. He grabbed the trembling woman and threw her, hard, into the bath-tub. Her left leg got folded under and she heard a sickening crunch as she landed on it. The same noise came forth from her right arm as the shower head broke away and landed on her wrist. "Fry........please........this has to be a dream......you wouldn't hurt me like this........" Leela moaned, her leg losing feeling.
 "This ain't no dream, Leela! Why don't you go back to that jerk off, Zapp Brannigan, huh? He's much more you're type........A BIG BLOW HARD!!!!!"
 "Fry, this isn't you!!"
 "You're so right, Leela", purred Fry. But it wasn't Fry. It was Fry's body alright, but Zapp's voice was now coming out of it. Leela gasped in shock as Fry turned into Zapp right before her eyes.
 "Zapp?!? You pervert!! What are you doing in my home!! Get out of here!"
 "Correction, my sweet......Our home."
 "Wha-what!?!?"
 Zapp snickered and extended his hand towards her. It had a wedding ring on it! Leela looked at her own hand, and started sobbing when she saw a ring on hers. "Why is this happening?!?", she starting screaming. "Make it end!! Please, make it end!"
 "No one can here you, lady Leela...it's time for some sweet, sweet candy......"
 Leela screamed bloody murder as Zapp shadow fell over her.........

______________________________________________________________________

 Screaming, Leela sat up (for real this time) off her bed, sweating profusely. She was shaking,  and breathing hard. As she looked around, she realized how she had those sensations. She was lying on her legs (which were fine), completely tangled in the sheets. Her free right arm was pinned under a fallen lamp. In the gloom of the voice activated lamps, she could see she was in a real mess in her cocoon of linen; the abuse suffered in her dream hurt her legs slightly, her wrist was brusied, and she was soaked under the sheets.
 "Wait a minute", Leela thought. "I don't remember anything about water in that nightmare..." She looked around...no, her glass of water she always kept bedside was still upright. So what caused the.....It hit her then. She moaned from embarrasement. She was so scared from the scare-fest she had.....
 She was too tired and scared to focus about it. Groaning from pain, sorrow, and embarrasement, Leela untangled herself and searched for some clothing and sheets to replace the soiled ones....
 

 Her mental torture continued throughout the night.
 She was wandering, in her day clothes, through a dark void. Zapp stood in front of her, first. "Leela...before we go to battle, I was wondering if you would like to make love to me...." Bender chimed in, saying "Look Leela, it's the idiotic windbag you slept with!"
 Leela turned around and ran in the opposite direction. She came across Fry, running towards her, his face ringing with relief. "Oh, Leela! Thank God you're all right!! I've been looking for you for hours...."
 She started to smile, open her arms for hug and walk forward. But her body suddenly took on a mind of its own! Her arms went to her side, fists on hips, as her face twisted into a hateful grimace by itself. Leela's mouth opened, and.....
 "Shove it, you craw stuffing pig!!"
 "What?!?" Fry cried out in pain.
 "You heard me, you bastard!!" Leela screamed back, her mind afire with panic and terror at what was happening without her control...
 "But Leela....why are you doing this to me?!? I've cared about you for so long, I have to tell you something...."
 "I have no time, you big, fat liar!! Go stuff your face with Bachelor Chow, like the FAT HOG you are!!" And with that, Leela turned and left. Semi-back in control, she winced as she heard Fry collapse to his knees, sobbing "Leela, how could you do that to me?!? Can't you tell I love you.....!?!......"
 She ran sobbing through the darkness. Zapp came out of nowhere, smiling.
 "I see we've lost the flea bag. Now, my former doer of the nasty....."
 "LEAVE ME ALONE!!! WHY WON'T THIS END!?!?" Leela howled, running past him. She continued to run, half-blinded by her tears. Just as she reached a far enough point away from them, she had to screech to a stop, nearly losing her balance over the pinnacle which she had run upon. If it weren't for her ground-gripping boots, she would have fallen over. Below the cliff, she saw an endless sea of that liquid dubbed 'Royal Slurm', the same purple gunk that nearly claimed her months ago, causing her to get angry again at Fry.
 As she tried to run away, she became blocked by the three people who were tormenting her: The hateful Fry, Zapp, and Bender. They started backing her against the cliff. Leela was so terrified about the advancing group, she was starting to forget about the peril below....
 "Leela, it is time......you are my woman........" Zapp cooed.
 "That's right, go with your man!" Evil Fry accused.
 "Yeah, so I can take a picture and show it to you when ever I want!" Bender laughed.
 Leela brought her arms out, hands outstreched, as if trying to feebly hold them back in some way. "Please, I'm begging you! Leave me alone! I'm begging you, I torment myself enough!" Her feet were nw scant yards from the edge of the cliff.
 "Leela, you know what Trekkies from my time said, don't you?" Evil Fry snickered.
 Leela stopped just short of oblivion (without realizing it), and shook her head.
 Suddenly, Evil Fry, Bender, and Zapp grabbed her. "They say, 'Resistance is futile!!'" And with that, they threw her off the cliff.
 Leela screamed as she plunged down, down, down into the darkness. She slammed into the dark purple Slurm back first, knocking her breath out of her and plunging her under several yards. She struggled to the surface.
 Gasping at first for air, she looked frantically for a way out of the sea, but there was none. The closest thing was the sheer cliff several yards away, a cliff she couldn't climb, let alone reach before it was too late. Leela treaded for a while, crying, realizing what was going to happen to her. Pain assulted her body as she lost feeling in her legs, and her form swelled several times more then her normal frame, her clothes ripping away as she turned painfully into a Slurm queen. Since an immense invertebrate like Leela in her new body couldn't swim, she was soon dragged under by her own mass as everything went black.....
 And then the nightmare replayed itself, several times over. Good fortune never gave Leela the chance to escape for several more hours....
 

 Fry looked at the clock on the wall, nervous. It had been two hours since Leela should have reported in for her job at Planet Express. When Leela finally stumbled in, she was a total mess. Her clothes and hair were ruffled, the latter un-done, and she reeked of dried sweat, dirt, and something he knew he shouldn't be smelling, but he quickly forgot that. Whatever had caused her to be late made her miss fixing herself up and taking a shower, so it had to be something major. Even when late, she always cleaned herself up.
 "Leela........" Fry whispered, reaching for her. Leela yelped and ran to the other side of the table, shaking in fear everytime she and Fry made eye contact. Hermes took one look at this, at said. "Atention, everyone. I think we've been working well enough to take a suprise vacation. See you all in two weeks."
 As the rest of their co-workers cheered and rushed from the building, Fry jumped up and immediatly rushed to near-canatonic Leela and pulled up a chair. His face was dripping with concern and shock.
 "Leela, what's wrong?"
 "AHH!!! Stay away Fry!! Please!!"
 "Why?"
 "I'm afraid I'll hurt you......or you'll hurt me!"
 "WHAT!??! How could I bring myself to do that?!? And you've never hurt me!"
 "I'm constantly yelling at you, and I call you names!"
 "Leela, you're a young woman who's had a terrible childhood. OF COURSE you're going to be a little hard around the edges at times....please, tell me what's wrong?"
 "No!! I can't......I won't!"
 "Leela, you're a wreck! You're clothing's a mess, your hair's undone, and you don't smell as fresh as you usually do! I mean, you're always practicing good hygiene, and, besides.....in regards to the last one, you're twenty five years old, and shouldn't have that problem! There is something wrong, I can see it in your eye! Please, let me help you", Fry said, as he gingerly reached his hands out to hold her.
 Leela jumped away from him. "No! I'll be cruel to you again!! I have to go..." Fry ran after her, screaming her name, but nothing would stop her. She had already started her car and was driving away by the time Fry had gotten outside.

 
 Now she was wandering in Fry's New York. The city was actually pretty nice looking! Suddenly, the ground trembled. She looked up, and found a giant Bender pushing his way through the skyscrapers. "Hey, Brannigan, there she is!!" he called. An equally tall Zapp lunged towards her, whispering "Come Leela, come share some cham-pag-ney with me!!"
 Leela screamed and ran, only to fall down an open man-hole. As she conitnued to fall, she looked down to see the tunnel end in a pink sort of of wet pipe. She grabbed a green overhang, saving herself from tumbling further into the void.
 As she tried to pull herself up, Leela realizied where she was: On top of Lrrr, whose mouth was wide open to apparently devour her. He grabbed her off his face and sneered. "Mmmm......a nice rough, crude, loserly bit of humaniod flesh......my favorite!!" Leela frantically struggled to escape, but she couldn't, his grip was way too strong.
 "I thought we were settled on the Popplers!!" she stammered.
 "Oh, this isn't about the Popplers.....this about the pathetic Zapp loving, Fry hating story that is your life!" As he opened his mouth wide, he said "And it's time to write the final chapter!!" And with that, he tossed Leela into his mouth. She actually felt her body being torn to shreds by the rows of sharp teeth, and somehow continued to feel as she was swallowed and then digested.....
 

 Once again, Leela sat up in terror from her bed. This wasn't working. She had tried to purge her regrets and memories mentally, but she had failed, like she always was doing. The battle raging behind her face had weakened and reduced her to a terrfied animal in a human/alien's body. She had to purge them another way, and fast......No, not purge. She was being a horrible person. It was time she made herself pay for it. Mentally, it wasn't enough in her disoriented mind.
 She would do it pyshically......
 

 At the same time Leela was making her decision about her next step in life, Fry lay on his bed, trying to unravel the mystery that was Leela's behavior. He had seen Leela worked up before, but never like this. He remembered she was scared of him hurting her, and vice versa. Leela had never hurt him, and he couldn't believe a sweet, kind person like her would even THINK he would inflict pain upon her. The thought was scary and shocking.
 Fry was trying hard to think of away to help his friend. Could he go over and try to help her during thes next two weeks? No, she was really spooked off him.
 Could he leave this alone? Definitly not. She was a wreck. If she was forgetting showers, failing to sleep, and posibly even soiling her clothing, there was something that Leela desperatly needed help with. But how could he help her? He was so concerned about Leela......he was near tears just thinking about the walking ruin sitting at the conference table today. He had to call her.
 Running to the phone, he dialed her number.
 Nothing.
 No ring, no answering machine, and, most importantly, no Leela. She had disconected the phone....
 

 Connected to the Internet, Leela walked into a website named 'The Painful Things Store'. She glanced about the room's contents. There were mallets, spears, lazers, and every sort of weapon avialable. She walked up to the counter.
 "Excuse me, but may I have a go at trying some of these things out?"
 "Um, sure....." the clerk replied, gazing upon Leela's suffering form. "The driving range is out back."
 "Thanks....."
 
 Leela came into a room where many objects were laying out on display. Looking over the assortment, Leela chose a wooden bat and walked towards the demonstration booth. She turned the privacy option on, and asked for her voice to be muted from the rest of the web.
 The bat was then slipped into a holder of some sort that would then swing the bat into a mat, and would show the force of impact. Leela set the swinger for medium, and for 'various impact, meaning that the bat would hit a random area every few seconds. She started the machine....and stepped between it at the mat.
 It really hurt after a while. After a breath-losing strike to the chest, she got smacked in the legs, and then across the arms. Then in varying places in between or on those areas. By the time Leela stopped the machine, she was partly black and blue from her breasts down....

 Leela kept the forced self-abuse up for many days. After the batting, she then ran with bulls virtually and got herself gored agianst a wall. She went on a recreation of the destruction of the Titanic's 20th century predecessor, further banging herself up as she fell down the tilting decks, banging into rails, vents, and other people.
 After those grueling experinces, she jumped into the middle of a brawl of sumo wrestlers and WWF heads in jars mounted on robotic bodies. Leela got bounced around badly, taking an uppercut to the jaw, a kick in the ribs, and a knock out punch to the face.
 When she finally quit for the week, Leela was barely recognizable. Her clothing, which she hadn't changed in days, clung to her in bloody tatters over her shuddering frame, suffering from lack of sleep, food, or water. Blood was dried and caked over her 'clothing', face, and limbs. She had suffered a broken wrist, and a nearly-broken leg. Her head had also been bonked around so much, she was beginning to forget some things..(fortunately, Nibbler had been at the vet for a few weeks during this time),.but not the memories she had been doing this abuse to forget and displince herself over.
 After the weekend, she would try to search for even nastier web-sites, and really try to fix her little red wagon. Despite the general pain she was in, she didn't notice the sharp stabs of pain in her chest, or her feeling of wooziness as she stripped for bed. She wore nothing this time, she simply went to bed naked, planning on spending one day sleeping, one day eating over the weekend to make up for the week, and then going at it again.
 Just as she was fading off into sleep, her door was banged upon repeatedly. She lurched out of bed, wincing from putting pressure on her damaged body, and pressed a button to see who was at the door. She nearly fainted when she saw the face on the other side, and started to run for cover ever-so-painfully in the bathroom. .
 Fry.
 

 "LEELA!! Please, open up!! You need somebody right now!! Please, let me in so I can help you!!" Fry cried, banging on the door. Fry was worried by the fact that no one in this building had seen Leela for six days, and he knew that Leela needed help and needed it NOW.
 When Leela didn't answer, he took a breath and started ramming the door down. Mentally, he promised Leela to pay for a new door as it finally gave under his wieght. He looked frantically for Leela as he entered the darkened apartment, but he could see nor hear nothing. Suddenly, he heard a door shut at the opposite end of the main room. He ran towards it the sound, and looked in shock at the floor.
 The room was a mess. The bed was torn apart, a window was broken, and furniture was strewn all over the place. What disturbed Fry the most was the occasional small blood stain and the pile of torn, bloddied clothing near Leela's bed. Looking upon the floor-show of destruction, Fry feared the worst. Seeing the bathroom light was on, he came forwarded quietly and opened it.
 What he saw nearly made him faint from shock.
 Leela lay on the floor, naked, on her left side, whimpering like a hurt animal as she stared straight into his eyes with a face that just screamed with anguish and pain. Her body was marked with welts, bruises, cuts, abrasions, and even some dried blood everywhere, especially from her breasts down to her knees. Her hair was undone, caked with dirt, sweat, and blood. She was trying to pick herself up, but she was in such pain she couldn't do it.
 "Oh, sweet Jesus" Fry whispered, nearly buckling at the legs, finally kneeling near her.
 Leela looked him the face the whole time he studied her body's injuries, not the body itself. Finally, she reached out a trembling arm, and Fry returned an equally shaken hand. After she held it for a while, she used it to painfully pull herself over to Fry. She finally managed to painfully sit up next him.
 "Fry......", she managed to say in a hoarse whisper. "Please...help me....."
 Fry's eyes watered. "Of course......of course I will!" he cried, gingerly hugging Leela's trembling, bruised frame against him. Leela held him back, wincing as her arms struggled to simply open themselves up to hug him. The tears flowed from both of them for several minutes as they hugged each other.
 Fry scooped his battered friend off the cold bathroom floor and ever so carefully laid her on her bed. He returned to the bathroom, looking for something to acess her injuries....SURELY there was something that could tell him this in the year 3001!! Finally, he saw some sort of device, and brought it out to show Leela. 'Is this going to help acess your injuries?", he asked, voice still cracking.
 Leela nodded a barely visible nod. Fry came forward and started scanning her. He wincied as he read aloud the read out: "Multiple near broken bones....uncountable amonuts of bruises, scratches, and other abrasions.....and you ribs are almost jabbing into your lungs!! If you had been hit there a few more times...." Fry trailed off, not wanting to think about it. "Leela...what-how-WHY did you do this...?"
 Leela finally managed to sit up slightly and tell him about the nightmares she had been having, how she was shown hating him, and how he had slapped her and broken her leg and wrist......how she finally got so over-run with guilt, regret, and then self hatred that she tried to take it out on herself, causing as much pain as she could until she felt enough had been dished out to herself.
 Fry sat there, next to her, stunned. "Leela......" he said slowly, "Are you suicidal?"
 Leela weakly shook her head. "No......but I want....the pain...to stop........"
 "Leela, if you got injured even the slightest bit more, you would be DEAD now. It'll be weeks, maybe months before you're fully healed!"
 "No.....not that pain.....my mental pain........"
 "Tell me about it....."
 Leela, struggling for relief and sometimes air, began to tell Fry about her pain over Zapp's taking avantage over her, Bender's constant reminding over her and Zapp himslef constanly after her, and of her abuse to Fry himself. Fry shook his head. "Oh, Leela!! I've never been angry over those names enough to try to hurt you!! Don't you know how much I care about you??"
 Leela nodded, and managed a weak smile. "I do now, anyway", she said softly. After the two of them looked each other in the eyes, Leela said "Well, you better get going...."
To her suprise, Fry shook his head. "Leela, you are seriously injured. You are in no shape to be alone! I'm going to stay in this apartment until you have been healed. And nothing will make me change my mind!"
 "Fry......what about our jobs-"
 "I'm going to call Hermes in a few minutes, and as for extended leave for both of us for emergency purposes. I'll do that now, actually.........I'll be back......"
 Fry called Hermes, and explained in a low voice what had happened to Leela. The whole time, they could hear Leela's groans of pain as she tried to make herself comfortable.
 "Fry, you go right ahead and stay with Leela until she's recovered. Amy and Zoidberg can take over your postions until then."
 "Thanks, Hermes...."
 "And, one more thing, Fry: Take care of her. She needs someone now more then ever. She's always need somebody, but she can't find the right person. But I think you're it. You've got to stay there, and nurse that poor girl back to help, do you understand me?"
 "Yes", Fry replied, suprised by Hermes' lecture.
 "Good. Good luck." And then he hung up.

 
 As Fry talked with Hermes, Leela began thinking to herself.....
 "Why is Fry doing this for me?"
 "Because he loves you", another part of her brain returned.
 "Loves me? How could he?! After what I've done to hi-"
 "SNAP OUT OF IT, TORONGA! You know he does, and you love him back!"
 "No, I can't....I'll hurt him, he'll hurt me.....we can't work together....he leave me like the others. I'll leave HIM like his other girls...."
 "Yes you can. And no, you won't hurt each other. You two have formed a special bond, a bond Fry didn't have with Michelle, and you with Alkazzar. It took this castastrophe for you two to realizie that you have it. You have saved each other's lives several times, and held for each other in your darkest hours. It's obvious that this should happen."
 "You belong to him. He belongs to you. Destiny has decreed it...."
 "That's so sappy!!"
 "It doesn't matter!! Leela, you need someone now more then ever in your entire life!! Let Fry demonstrate his concerns about your health. You two have held back so long....make this disaster the beginning of your new lives...."
 "She's-er, I'm right! We've both been struggling through tough lives, and Fate did kinda bring us together...why can't we-why can't I- just let it happen....?"
 Leela's discussion with herself ended abruptly as Fry returned.
 

 The first thing Fry did was to pick up his wounded friend and help ease her ever so gently into a nightgown, and lay her on a sofa.. Then, he slid the bed into a corner nearby, and put Leela back on it. He then slid the sofa against the other side of the bed, and an arm chair at the bottom. Then, with Leela's help, he scoured the house for pillows and sheets, and padded the faux walls. When he was done, Leela had been enclosed in a safely padded, makeshift hospital bed.
 "This should do nicely", Fry said to himself. He then leaned over Leela. "Would you like something to eat or drink? I think it's been a while....." Leela nodded, asking for a cheese sandwich and a glass of water. Fry returned with them a few minutes later, and Leela carefully nibbled on the sandwich. As she took another bite, she looked up at him.
 "Thank you......", she whispered.
 "No problem" Fry said, as he carefully leaned over and kissed her on the forehead.
 

 Over the next few weeks, with Fry's gentle touch/care and Leela's rest and willing-nest to trust her health to Fry, she began to regain her stregth. A week after Fry had found the naked, shivering frame of a shattered young woman named Toronga Leela, the last of the minor bruises had healed. By the next week, some of the larger ones had disappeared and some cuts were healing. At a month later, Leela was able to sit up with out wincing. The next week, her wrist had been healed, with some help from a doctor over the phone telling Fry how to make a splint and other tips. And at six weeks, Leela's ribs had finally realigned themselves. Other then a few more stubborn bruises, sore spots, and cuts had healed, she would be at a perfect health once agian. Of course, there was still the problem that initally put her in this mess.....
 "Fry,  I wish I could forget those things....."
 Fry sat down next to her own the couch whose back was facing into Leela's bed. "Have you ever tried working with someone about it? Or talking it out with a person trained in those fields?"
 Leela nodded. "Yes.....but they just won't go away!" she sobbed, bursting into tears. "I just can't..wait, Fry? Where are you going?"
 "I need to talk to the Prof. about something.....can you manage?"
 "But Fry, I want you here until I.....get.....bet-"
 Fry sighed as he brought back the injector Hermes had sent over which just put Leela to sleep for a few hours. "I know Leela, but I'm going to cure your problem once and for all!" As he left, he muttered "Geeze, are we sappy or what.....?'
 

 "So, do you have anything that will make a person permantly forget a single certain event?"
 Farnsworth sighed and thought for a minute. "Well, I have this lazer.....it was supposed to let me take over the world by wiping people's minds clean and saying what should happen instead of the usual thoughts/and memories....but it can be focused to a simple person for a specific event......why?"
 "I can't say, Prof, but this is going to help a friend of my immemsely....."
 

 Aboard the DOOP ship Nimbus, Capt. Zapp Brannigan plotted a course to the Martin Luther King, Jr. star system for a suprise attack. He was, of course, thinking more about Leela and how to woo her back to him. He was jolted from his day dreams when he was informed by Kif that a 'Mr. Fry' wished to speak to him. Zapp yawned, and went to his office, telling Kif to send him in.
 The minute Fry walked in, Zapp smirked, saying "Well, mop-top, are you giving her up to me? So we can have some more candy?"
 "No, I'm here to fix the damage you caused her, once and for all, you unsensitive bastard!!"
 "Ooh, I'm so scared, hair-ball!"
 Fry whipped out the lazer, and zapped Zapp with it. "Listen to me. You do not know any women by the name Leela. If you do meet her, avoid her at all costs, as she will give you an un-curable disaese! Do you understand me?" He held up a picture of his friend. "This is the person you must avoid at all costs, do you understand?"
 "Yes........"
 Fry turned off the ray. For a test, he shoved the picture of Leela in his face. Zapp instantly screamed "Ah! The disaese woman!!" and cowered in his chair. Fry turned to leave when he saw Kif, who had seen the whole thing. He asked: "Mr. Fry, could you do something for me with that?" Fry nodded, and Kif whispered his request, causing Fry to smile and laugh.
 He turned the lazer on Zapp again. "You are not a good captain, and you know it. Kif is a much better person for command. Give the Nimbus to Kif. Give all titles, awards, and such  to Kif. Do you understand?"
 "Yes", Zapp answered.
 As he turned off the lazer, Zapp shot up. "Kif, old friend!! I have just realizied what a loserly captain I am! I hearby give you command of the ship, my titles, awards, and such to you, effective now! Congratulations!!"
 Kif beamed. He turned to Fry, saying "At last, payback and dream come true! Thank you so much!"
 Fry nodded, saying it was no problem as he headed for his next target....
 

 "Hey, meatbag."
 Fry nodded his greeting to Bender. Suddenly, he said "Hey, isn't that Marilyn Modem over there?"
 "Huh!? Where!??" Bender asked, looking around. When his back was tirned, Fry then de-activated him, and downloaded his brain into a floppy disk, the same way Morgan did a while ago. He paged through the list of programs until he found what he wanted:
 Zapp/Leela-reminder.exe
 Fry typed in 'Delete'.
 ARE YOU SURE? ONCE DELETED, THIS MEMORY IS GONE FOR GOOD!!
 Fry pressed 'Y'.
 MEMORY DELETED. HAVE A NICE DAY....SKIN TUBE.....
 After making the edit, Bender's brain was re-downloaded into his body. Fry activated him after the transfur was complete. As Bender came back online, he looked around, and said "Hey! You lied!! Marylin ain't here!......hey, where ya going, flesh pouch?"
 Fry said to himself quietly. "To finish the deed....."
 

 As Leela woke up, she found Fry leaning over her. "Fry........" she managed to say as she shook the last of the sleeping drug out of her system. "You didn't leave?"
 "Nope. I needed to watch after you when you fell asleep. Now, I have a lazer that will help you recover more quickly....may I use it?"
 "Sure......"
 "OK, then close your eye"
 After Leela did so, Fry fired, and spoke softly to her. "You know nobody named Zapp Brannigan. He did nothing to you. Bender has never talked about this person, or what he might have done to you. And you have great with me, and should not feel bad about that. OK?"
 "Yes, I understand....."
 Fry turned off the lazer. Leela opened her eye, and turned towards Fry.
 "Fry......I don't know how, but I feel so much better! I'm not, uh, what caused me to do this to myself again?"
 Fry shrugged. "I dunno, you never told me. Besides, it's best to forget..."

 
 Three days later, the last marks on Leela's body from her painful self-punishment healed. Fry had a bottle of wine on hand to celebrate. As he poured some for Leela and himself, he decided to tell Hermes that Leela had recovered and was ready to work. When Hermes heard the report, he laughed. "That's great news! She's healed just in time for a two week vacation! Now, you two kids go out and enjoy yourselves, OK?"
 "You got it!"

 
 "Now do you believe me?"
 Leela heard herself, and replied instantly.
 "Yes."
 "You've healed fully, and are now at perfect health. Fry doesn't need to hover over you anymore. What's going to happen now?"
 "I don't know...he'll probably go back to Bender's apartment."
 "Do you want that?"
 "No!! I don't want that! I -KNOW- what I want!!"
 "So what is that, then, hmmm.....?"
 "I want him all to myself! I never want him to leave this apartment again, because I want him to live with me! Nobody has cared so much about me, especially like this... I'm not going to make the mistake of leaving him again...!!!"
 "Hmmm........isn't that a bit sappy...?"
 "Doesn't matter!! I'm going to tell him the truth!!"
 "That's myself!! Now, do it!!"

 
 As Fry hung up the phone, he had his own discussion....
 "You can stand losing her again, can you?"
 "Of course not. I really like her. But we can't do it...."
 "What the Hell do you mean by that?"
 "I'm not anything that Leela wants. She wants handsome, strong men..."
 "...who have caused her great pain!! Phillip, you're the one...."
 "Oh, shut up! You must be going crazy from the brain cells growing from lack of beer! She wants nothing to do with me."
  "Fry, you dimwit! If she didn't like you, then why would she let you smother her like you have for the past two months?!?"
  "I don't know....."
  "She likes you, Fry."
  "I doubt that...."
  "Fry, you can see it in her eye: A longing everytime you lock eyes. She wants and needs you. And so do you. You have to be honest with each other, it's time."
  "Not only is this DRIPPING with sap, but you talk like the minute I turn to leave, Leela will hug me to her body and forbid me to leave her, or this apartment again, save for work and such...."
  "I wouldn't be suprised. You two can no longer fight it: You're in love. And you will never let go, nor will you need to, of each other."
  "(sigh) I wish."
 

 After he returned, Fry and Leela sipped at their wine, and talked about the past two months. Fry was greatful that he managed to save Leela, and Leela was enternally greatful for Fry nursing her back to full health. Fry had brought Leela a change of her normal clothing, and they both laughed at the site of her, a full grown woman, sitting in a makeshift crib. They sat looking at each other for minute, and then Fry stood up.
 "Well Leela, it's about time I went home.....I'm gonna go rest up and..." He stopped when he realizied Leela was holding him by the hand.
 "No, Fry......stay."
 "Um, OK. I guess I can stay for a few moments......"
 "No Fry, I mean for good. I want you to move in with me. You don't know how thankful I am for what you've done to me. NOBODY else would have done what you did for me.  I know that you've loved me for a while, and I have too. I clicked ever since we were underground, holding hands....but now, after our time together, I feel we really were destined for each other. And I don't want to be alone anymore....So please...don't leave?"
 Fry didn't even think."Yes, Leela, I will. I'd be more then happy to live you! I've always wanted you too, I guess you could say", he said, blushing. "Except, I think we need to work on not being so sappy to each other at times, though....it may get annoying.....", he chuckled
 "Thank you, Fry........"
 "No prob", Fry replied, kissing her on the lips. Leela returned the kiss, and embraced him, as did he to her. Fry crawled over the couch and sat on the bed, so they could hold each other better, and for the next few minutes they continued this. When they stopped, they looked at each other. Leela's face lit up a certain way, her eye sparking as she looked him in the face. Fry nodded, and the two of them buired themselves in the bedsheets and began to un-dress each other.....

_______________________________________________________________________

 Captain Kif Kroker later went on to be commadore of the DOOP. It was his brilliant war tactics that saved Earth at the last minute from an attack by the Carnivas, a race that was hell-bent on devouring humanity. He pioneered many tactics that are used to this day, including 'The Kroker Fallback'. After losing the Nimbus twenty five years after taking over during another Omicronian attack, the aging captain retired to a desk job at the DOOP, before dying at the age of ninety eight. He was later hailed as one of, if not the, best captains the DOOP ever had.

 
 Zapp Brannigan later quit the DOOP and opened a fast food chain.

 
 Bender, Amy, Zoidberg, and Hermes had stuff happen to them.

 
 And as for our heros, Fry and Leela? A few months after Fry moved in with her, Leela and Fry began to have serious thoughts about their future. They married on the one year anniversary of Fry's discovery of Leela's problems, and the beginning of their connection.
 And a few months after THAT, Leela asked Fry if he ever thought of raising a family. Apparently he said yes, because nine months later, Leela gave birth to a baby boy named Hubert, in honor of the Professor, who had died that year trying to perfect the Smell-o-Scope when it fell on him. He later went on to become President of Earth.
 Three years later, Hubert had a baby sister, named June, for the month that Leela had fully healed and Fry had fixed her regret problems. June was a bright kid, as she later founded the first college on Jupiter, and was on hand for the peace treaty with Omicron Persisi 8 that was made in 3027.
 And after that, two years later, Leela gave birth to their third and final child, a girl named Lisa Marie, in honor of the great brain of 'The Simpsons'. Lisa Marie lived up to her namesake and once again proved the Fry family well. She took over the job of Dean at Cambridge University, and assimilated many students and their colleges under one program, which greatly increased their chances in the workplace. Her work made Earth the envy of all planets in the immediate vicinity, and brought millions to live on our marble of life, some of whom helped solve the problems of famine, over-population, and medical mladays.
 Needless to say, Phillip and Toronga Fry were stunned at their offsprings' sucess. They did have the occasional hiccup that their parents endured, but they still prospered greatly. As Fry and Leela grew older through the years, they lived in a world that they could have only dreamed of in the year 3001, some of which was due in part to their offspring.
 In the year 3134, at the age of 159 each, Fry and Leela decided to indulge themselves one last time before they had to go to the Near-Death Star. They boarded the Titanic 3, an Earth sea craft like her infamous predecessor. On the anniversery of the original Titanic's sinking, the ship hit an iceberg and began to sink, losing many escape pods in the process. Despite being urged repeatdly by friends, passengers, and crew alike, Fry and Leela refused to board an escape craft.
 When the ship sank, they died as they lived: Together.
 

END.