'The Plan'
SUMMARY: Fry and Leela alone. A picnic. A sunset. Any guesses what happens next? ;-)
All Futurama related items are copyright Matt Groening, The Curiosity Company, and 20th Century Fox. All rights reserved.
 
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "I can't believe this garbage", Leela fumed, dropping the picnic basket in frustration. "Since WHEN is it a requirement to go on a company picnic to Titan?"
 Fry shurgged. "I dunno, Leela. Can't we just enjoy a nice lunch, looking at the scenery?"
 Leela scanned the horizon. Strange rock formations towered over the surface, and warped trees sprouted about the plains. "Well, I guess we CAN enjoy the surroundings", she sighed easing herself to the ground against one of the strange trees. Fry sat next to her....a little closer then he usually does.....
 As the two of them ate a wonderfully gourmet lunch of hot dogs and chips, Fry commented on the cliffs of to the right of their location. "You know, those cliffs look like the lights of my New York", he said. As he described what buildings he thought he could see, he sub-knowingly put his arm around Leela's shoulders. Her usual instinct was telling her to do what she always did: Swat it off and give Fry a glare. But, for some reason, she didn't....she settled against it ever so slightly....
 "New York in my time was so beautiful.........it shone like a thousand TV's.....no, wait a million!!" Fry sighed. "You should have seen Central Park......it was so romantic......"
 Leela nodded. "I hear it was....that our current day one is actually only a sliver of greatness in comparison....I WAS gonna have a date there once, but he stood me up.....probably because he didn't want an alien....." she moaned, settling fully against Fry's arm.
 "How do you think I felt about Michelle going off with that guy being one of my last memories of 1999? I hated it......Michelle was a great girl, I'll never know what she didn't see in me...."
 Leela rested her head slightly against Fry's shoulder. "I thought I found my guy once.....but he turned out to be a shapeshifting alien.....(sigh).....I really can pick them."
 Fry thought for a minute, and said "Wasn't that Alkazzar?"
 Leela nodded, now laying her head on Fry's shoulder, and resting her hand on Fry's free hand. "After all I talked about being lonely, why did you shoot him in that game?"
 "Well, I wanted to win for one (They both laughed at that).....and I felt he might take you away....
 "Fry?"
 "Yeah, I was afraid he might take you, and I couldn't have you....."
 Leela sat up. "Wha-what?!?"
 Fry took a deep breath, and started again "I was afraid that you'd go with him......and I couldn't tell you how I felt...."
 "And how do you feel.....?"
 Fry turned to her. "Well, that was just one of the few times I've enforced that you're my friend......and that I love you."
 Leela's eye swelled with suprise as it locked with Fry's penetrating black ones. She began to lean foward, as did he.....and their lips met. Both of them opened their eyes and looked at each other, realizing what they were doing.

 Warning bells began going off in their heads....
 "Get out of here, Toronga!!"
 "Phillip, don't do this....Leela'll beat the stuffing out of you!!"

 But this time, the voices were screaming themselves hoarse. Fry and Leela's hearts had a much different opinion of the moment, and unlike all the other times over the past two years, this time they would NOT be denied. Leela grabbed the back of Fry's head as he followed suite, both of them kissing the other intensly and passionately.
 Leela saw an outcropping of bushes and shrubs just a ways away. She got a very interesting thought in her head, and with one smooth motion, she had Fry rollover and the two of them, still clinging to the other, rolled behind the vegetation.

 Fry finally broke the stream of kisses as Leela stopped them as she came on top of him. "Wow", he said between gasps for air "I never knew you were such a good kisser, Leela! Now, let's go finish our lunch, huh?"
 It was then Fry noticed two very strange things about Leela: One, she had a very strange look on her face as she looked at him, and the other was that she wasn't getting up.....
 "Now, WHY would I wanna do that.....?" Leela giggled, holding him put. "I think it's time we showed how much we like each other, wouldn't you say?"
 "Um, OK!......uh..........I like you, uh, as much as the universe is large!"
 Leela shook her head. "I think you know what I mean....."
 "Leela, I don't have the foggiest idea....what....you..." Fry trailed off as he saw Leela reach for her scrunchie. She un-did it, and shook her head, unleashing a beautifully raidient waterfall of purple flowing down her body. She looked at him a minute more with that goofy look, and then finally breathed out a phrase Fry had dreamed of.....
 "Fry.....take off your clothes......"
 Fry had the same goofy look as Leela did for a minute, then shook his head rapidly. "No, Leela! We can't do this! It's wrong!!"
 "I see no reason why not.....nobody's around, we have a good chunk of time yet, and we ARE in the mood......"
 "Leela? What the Hell was in that soda you were drinking?!?"
 "Admit it, Fry!! I've seen you looking at me....the thing is, I've always thought you were a cutie", Leela said, slowly moving her hands towards the lapels of his jacket
 "All right!", Fry admitted. "I -DO- enjoy your apperance.....but we can't do this......you're going to beat the stuffing outta m-!" Leela stopped his sentence with a kiss, causing him to arch up to return it. Fry knew he was doomed now, as Leela tossed off his jacket and then took hold of his shirt as he grabbed Leela's green coat and un-zipped it......
 

 As the rest of the crew enjoyed their picnic, especially since Zoidberg was out scavenging,  Amy suddenly stopped chewing her sandwich and said "Hey, where's Fry and Leela?"
 "I think they went that way....Leela was sure ticked......" Hermes indicated with his finger towards the top of the hill. Bender laughed, saying that Leela had probably cold-cocked him flat by now for some problem or other. He was about to start taking bets on that when Zoidberg came running down the hill.
 "My friends! Something terrible has happened!!"
 "What is it, you un-shelled reject from Maine?" Hermes groaned.
 "Fry and Leela have become invisible!! If you go up there, you can hear giggling, mumbling, and even groaning, but they're not there!!"
 The others of the group looked at each other for a minute, and then Amy said "Well, Bender and I'll go check it out", and she took the robot in tow up the hill.

 A few minutes later, Amy and Bender walked down, smiling smugly.
 "Well? Did it work?" Farnsworth asked.
 "Take a look at this, skin tubes!" Bender laughed, producing a picture of the bush with Fry and Leela's clothing strewn around it.
 "Ha! I told YOU this would work Bender! I'll expect that hundred dollars on my desk tomorrow", Hermes cackled.
 Amy nodded, saying "I know......I mean, JEEZE, how long were they gonna squabble at each other! So that's why I brought this up...ya know,..you get 'em alone on a picnic, with the sun setting, and the rest writes itself!"
 "They just needed some coaxing, I suppose...I mean, I'd had it with their arguements........You KNOW they're perfect for each other, but you had to get the point across.", Hermes finished.
 Bender shhh-ed them, saying "Here they come!!"
 A very giddy Fry and Leela scaled down the hill, their clothing in disarry, and in some cases inside out. Leela's hair was still out of it's scrucnhie, and Fry's was messed up.
 "Have a nice picnic?" Bender asked, raising an eyebrow.
 "Uh......yeah......except for this, uh, freak wind that blew us around a minute ago, and, uh,  messed us up!!" Fry said.
 Amy gave them a questioning, amused look, as she looked around in eye sight, indicating there were no lasting effects of the supposed malestrom. "Well, uh, thank goodness it's gone!!" Leela replied. "I need a shower, Amy, you can have the ship until then, I'll be in my cabin!"
 "I need one too!" Fry said. "I'm going to the main one."
 As the two of them walked off, they were muttering to themeselves that the others probably knew what happened.

 Fry turned on the shower as he began to un-dress. He felt really sore after......uh....(Censors......). As he reached for his shirt, Leela had appeared out of no-where.
 "Oh! Uh, Leela! You came for some towels? I'll get you some...."
 "No.....I came to take a shower.....remember?"
 "Yeah...but there's one in your cabi-" Leela just put her hand against Fry's mouth, and he got the message.
 

 As Amy watched Leela enter the bathroom, and heard the shower start WITHOUT her coming out, she turned to her co-workers and said "Guys, I think we've created a monster....."
 

END.